Droid 3 Huge Success; Sold Out Already On Verizon Online Stores

spikejnz

Reaction score
I wanted to hold out for the Bionic, but the BoGo was just too good a deal to pass up! My wife is officially a convert and loves her D3.

sqchram

Reaction score
There are 214,171 registered members here. I think people here forget what a paltry sum we are compared to the millions of each model of phone that are sold to Joe blow and Jane ho. Even if every single member here held off on the D3 for the Bionic. Or purchased the D3, and gave up waiting for the Bionic, it would be negligible to the overall sales numbers.

AVNFAM

Reaction score
I was torn between the D3 and Samsung Charge. Started hearing about the Bionic and the Samsung but what sold me on the D3 was the slide out keyboard with number key row. Love my D3, have no issues with it whatsoever. Happy with my decision.

acoers

Reaction score
My update came up last week and I have never had a smartphone before. So this d3 is amazing to me, and does so much I can't believe it. Plus it was buy one get one free.

patfactorx

Reaction score
This phone is sold out for 60 miles around me. I live in San Diego and I've been trying to get one.

UNC

Reaction score
It's already BOGO isn't it??? Usually that means that it didn't sell as well as they had hoped.

patfactorx

Reaction score
VZW always does BOGO for the Droids. It has nothing to do with slow sales. Its cuz they buy so many phones from Moto that they can discount em and use em to lock in new customers.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Dont feed into it...

Put it like this....for folks to take advantage of the BOGO they have to at least buy one first right? And if you buy another phone and use the BOGO on the Droid 3 (if you can do that) ....you do have to actually choose the Droid 3 right?

Its sold out online. No matter how you measure it ppl wanted it and chose it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Being sold out doesn't tell us much to be honest. Maybe they didn't make many D3's with the anticipation of the flood of 4G phones coming "soon."

If anyone could find some numbers on how many sold, that would be nice. But the SGII has sold 5million units so far and hasn't even been released in the US.

Having said that, I would have bought a D3 if it didn't have a slide out keyboard. I think it's a huge waste of thickness to the phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats true too. They coulda only had 10 Droid 3's in stock.

Whatever the case...there are some ppl out there that want the D3.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it really was a huge success, we would have numbers. Most probably limited shipments which were bogod. Doesn't necessarily mean everyone is clamoring to get d3s....if they were, moto would be bragging about numbers...that being said, yes people still had to choose a d3 in the first place

MECHANO

Reaction score
Bought mine the first day it was available for online pre-order. I absolutely love this phone. Can't wait to root and really turn the heat up

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r

Reaction score
i was rly debating whether or not to get the droid 3 cause my OG droid was so amazing but now i have it and aside from bloatware im having absolutely no regrets the battery life is amazing even with the OG rooted and romed its still better. and i dont know to much about how fast this 4glte is but when i think about it. is it really worth it? i mean 3g is already crazy fast to me specially with the new droid 3 and ive yet to see a difference between 3g and most wifi, and i have cable internet! not to mention what do people do on there phones that need 4glte fast

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was thinking today, I should have done the BOGO with the D3, then sold both of them when the Bionic came out and bought it off contract.

How much do you think you could sell the D3's for in a month?