Droid 3 Case/Holster

Droid1610

Reaction score
Ok so I will probably order the D3 tomorrow and I want to have protection on it like a case or atleast a holster to hold it safe I read on here a list of accesories but I curious if these will be available to order at the same time as ordering the phone...

Reaction score
Speaking personally, the store that I went to only had a black gel case, a blue one and the extended battery. I'd say within the next couple of days they should start getting more in?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaking personally, the store that I went to only had a black gel case, a blue one and the extended battery. I'd say within the next couple of days they should start getting more in?
Same here. And the blue one would have got destroyed easily. So, I just got the black one. It's pretty good. If I feel the need to get a new one I'll just do that. I got a discount from the 12 dollars to 9 so pretty decent buy.

militant

Reaction score
Got an awesome rubberized snap case from amazon, 5.99, better than getting hosed at the verizon store, and the quality/fit is as good as any verizon product I've ever had.

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
Just an update, I ordered the shell holster combo from verizon and I really like it. It fits very tight and fits in the belt holster very securly. I got it for $23 with free upgrade to over night shipping and I just got it today. I highly reccommend it if someone is looking for a nice 2 in 1 case that can mount in a belt clip. Its rugged enough to keep it safe from bumps and bruises but still clean looking.

mfendley

Reaction score
This case does not fit with the optional inductive battery door.

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Well, there are none on line for purchase.

My vzw store had a purple and a blue one (very strange colors to pre stock btw)... and a gel/pleather black one which was ok but had no kickstand, and its kind of stretched out now and doesnt sit right on the power button so i am having trouble hitting it right. Long sigh... I had to have something, but hopefully the store gets more in stock and I can return this one for a tighter one with kickstand (loved the kickstand )within my 14 days.

bkcorwin

Reaction score
Im waiting for someone to make just a plain old "leather" holster. Say like the ones that come with a new blackberry...

Stevelord

Reaction score
Ordered mine Thursday + car charger and got it today. So much better than the letter pouch.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
Im waiting for someone to make just a plain old "leather" holster. Say like the ones that come with a new blackberry...

I will second ('third'?) that sentiment. My shell/holster combo arrived this afternoon and the fit and finish is nice, very similar to the Surface case/holster combo from Seido I used with my original Droid. But for some days and when I use the dock every night it isn't very convenient. It also doesn't help that the D3 is already a bit large for my comfort (it makes the power button a tad uncomfortable) which the shell then exacerbates. But no one seems to make a suitable holster for it right now. Seido lists nothing for it, this thread has already gone over the lackluster selection from Verizon and even the 'generic' holsters I've found are either far too small or far too large.

I will admit that the kickstand on the Verizon shell/holster combo is a nice little touch but is much less useful now that I have a Transformer tablet that has taken over most of the duties that lend themselves to that feature.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
My shell/holster combo arrived this afternoon and the fit and finish is nice, very similar to the Surface case/holster combo from Seido I used with my original Droid. But for some days and when I use the dock every night it isn't very convenient.

According to Verizon's website, the shell is supposed to work with the dock. Does it not?

nite 0wl

Reaction score
Can the holster be used w/out the shell?

The holster cannot be used without the shell.

According to Verizon's website, the shell is supposed to work with the dock. Does it not?

I have tried but the shell that is included in the shell & holster combo does not fit the dock, even after removing the dock's insert. It seems that the kickstand design adds more girth than the other cases and shells.