Droid 3 Case/Holster

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A question, please - I just moved from a BB, whose leather case has a magnet that does something to the phone to conserve battery life (do you like my technical knowledge ...).

My wife uses hers and got 2x the BB battery life I did without the case (we are basically phone and email users - not heavy Internet users).

Do any of the Droid 3 cases have a similar feature to conserve battery life (which on my Droid 3 is terrible - 1.5 - 2.0 hours)?

Thanks.

My wife's phone was sucking the battery like crazy (in the 2 hour range, as well), but mine wasn't.

Finally, remembered that I had set my Network Mode to CDMA (after seeing the article on DL) rather than Global.

Had her change her's from global to CDMA (settings/wireless&network/mobile network/network mode) and the difference has been incredible. Her battery performs like mine now.

AKD3270

Reaction score
A question, please - I just moved from a BB, whose leather case has a magnet that does something to the phone to conserve battery life (do you like my technical knowledge ...).

My wife uses hers and got 2x the BB battery life I did without the case (we are basically phone and email users - not heavy Internet users).

Do any of the Droid 3 cases have a similar feature to conserve battery life (which on my Droid 3 is terrible - 1.5 - 2.0 hours)?

Thanks.

My wife's phone was sucking the battery like crazy (in the 2 hour range, as well), but mine wasn't.

Finally, remembered that I had set my Network Mode to CDMA (after seeing the article on DL) rather than Global.

Had her change her's from global to CDMA (settings/wireless&network/mobile network/network mode) and the difference has been incredible. Her battery performs like mine now.

Thanks - I switched to CDMA and it did indeed help.

stetson1818

Reaction score
weird, i've had my phone on global since i got it yesterday. i charged my batt to 100% outta the box at 4pm yesterday and its jsut now hitting 20% remaining at 7:22 pm the next day.

but i switched mine to cdma cause it seemed like an ok thing to do now that i know thats there lol

solraven

Reaction score
weird, i've had my phone on global since i got it yesterday. i charged my batt to 100% outta the box at 4pm yesterday and its jsut now hitting 20% remaining at 7:22 pm the next day.

but i switched mine to cdma cause it seemed like an ok thing to do now that i know thats there lol
unless they plan on leaving North America why would anyone switch that setting to global?

I agree with the insanely bad battery time - but have been reading/posting on the Battery Life thread and many have the same issue.

I won't start using this thread for battery stuff - but briefly, I use an app killer, have WiFi off, and the phone can sit idle with no calls, data, Internet - but fetching emails (no social syncs or anything like that) - and still dead in 2.0 hours. I have only had it since last Friday.
dont use auto-killers! holding things in memory dose not take any more juice than holding nothing at all. it will replace things in memory as memory runs out. it trys to keep the memory full so things respond faster. changing what is in memory uses a lot more juice than just holding it. what happens is you kill apps witch uses juice to kill, than they are re loaded to fill wasted memory witch uses juice, you kill it again.... and a few hours later your battery is dead.

the only good time to use a task killer is if your phone starts freezing and responding insainly slow! some poorly written apps out there can cause problems like that, thats when you want a app killer or hotboot widget on your main home.