droid 3 accessories

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by iamloco724, Jul 13, 2011.

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just ordered mine should be here tomorrow...anyone know a good case for it yet that is protective a case that is on when the phone is in use not a carrying case

aslo with the extend batteries is the battery cover any bigger or thicker?

and any recommendations on an sd card i think 16gb should be fine just need one that will work good along side the hd video

those are the things i care most about..would be great if the case had screen protection with it but i know alot dont have that these days cause of the touch

2. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got a really nice snap case that just came today for 5.99 on amazon. I forget the brand name but it was listed as "BLACK RUBBERIZED SNAP CASE" thing fits like a glove (which is rare for snap cases) and feels like good quality. I much prefer the rubberized feel to the solid plastic as well, but I'm sure you can order either way depending on your preference. I am still awaiting the arrival of my media dock, HDMI cable, and new headphones I ordered just for my D3!

3. howar1rc

howar1rc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    D3 case comparison

So far I have only found two reasonable candidates for D3 cases. There is the one that you mentioned (various colors). I ordered this one yesterday for $6.80 on ebay:
    Amazon.com: Gizmo Dorks Crystal Rubber Hard Case (Smoke Checker) with Carabiner Key Chain for the Motorola Droid 3: Electronics

The other possibility would be a skin kit through a company called skinomi. Here's a link:
    Motorola Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Skins, Cases, Shields, Covers - Skinomi TechSkin™ for Motorola Droid 3

The wood finish looks badass. Anybody know how this thing holds up? It is hard to even find pictures of this on a D3 on the internet. Does it just look like a cheap sticker? It is also pretty expensive at $24.95.

Any other contenders? And make it quick, my D3 comes tomorrow!

Thanks guys

4. sre123

sre123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Big selection

Go to Ebay. They had over 3,000 when you search for motorola Droid 3 case. I got a nice one for $5.95 with free shipping!

motorola droid 3 case | eBay

5. howar1rc

howar1rc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ...Yeah, thanks buddy...incredibly unhelpful. Yeah, 3000 of the same one in different colors.

6. sre123

sre123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Um, the original post from here was asking about a case. There is no reason to be nasty when I mention about getting to choose from 3000 different ones and telling that the one I got was nice. THEY DID ASK ABOUT SUGGESTIONS FOR CASES.

Jeez, some people....

7. howar1rc

howar1rc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which one did you get? Do you like it? Is it one of the two that I have links to?

8. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Incredibly rude, man.. I see all sorts of different once. Hard, Soft, Soft inside and hard outside, designs, matte based ones, more gel-like ones, etc.

More:
    - [link removed per vendor request]
    Customize your own:
    - http://www.skinit.com/skins/?affiliate=adw1&gclid=CLHKicDgk6oCFQQnbAodbxlbxw

The one I personally ordered:
    - http://www.otterbox.com/DROID-3-by-...es-Case/MOT4-DROD3-20-E4OTR_A,default,pd.html

9. sre123

sre123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I am a female, I like nice patterns. This is the one I got:

White Flowers Cute Case Cover Motorola Droid 3 XT862 - eBay (item 280706937079 end time Aug-06-11 14:18:25 PDT)

It has a nice rubberized feel to it, not slippery or shiny. I ordered it Sunday and received it Monday (literally!!!) with free shipping. I got it faster than I got the phone from Verizon in the mail! I think I have received items from this seller before and have been pretty happy. Although, I find it a little harder to open the keyboard, but I can't figure out if it is from the case or it just needs to break-in a little bit.

10. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    There are a few threads on cases in the Droid 3 Accessories forum already. This one has the most discussion: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-accessories/159781-cases.html

That forum is specifically for discussion of Droid 3 accessories, so you'll find other threads that talk about your other questions (and if there's not one, start one :))

11. Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the case from the verizon store while I got the phone....its the hard rubber texture case and on the back it has a pull out kickstand which is very cool I love it and it snapped right on over ex battery as well so that was a + also.....I had the otterbox for the d2 and didn't care for it at all it made the phone to big but that's just my 2cents

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums