droid 3 accessories

iamloco724

Reaction score
i just ordered mine should be here tomorrow...anyone know a good case for it yet that is protective a case that is on when the phone is in use not a carrying case

aslo with the extend batteries is the battery cover any bigger or thicker?

and any recommendations on an sd card i think 16gb should be fine just need one that will work good along side the hd video

those are the things i care most about..would be great if the case had screen protection with it but i know alot dont have that these days cause of the touch

militant

Reaction score
I got a really nice snap case that just came today for 5.99 on amazon. I forget the brand name but it was listed as "BLACK RUBBERIZED SNAP CASE" thing fits like a glove (which is rare for snap cases) and feels like good quality. I much prefer the rubberized feel to the solid plastic as well, but I'm sure you can order either way depending on your preference. I am still awaiting the arrival of my media dock, HDMI cable, and new headphones I ordered just for my D3!

howar1rc

Reaction score
D3 case comparison

So far I have only found two reasonable candidates for D3 cases. There is the one that you mentioned (various colors). I ordered this one yesterday for $6.80 on ebay:
Amazon.com: Gizmo Dorks Crystal Rubber Hard Case (Smoke Checker) with Carabiner Key Chain for the Motorola Droid 3: Electronics

The other possibility would be a skin kit through a company called skinomi. Here's a link:
Motorola Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Skins, Cases, Shields, Covers - Skinomi TechSkin™ for Motorola Droid 3

The wood finish looks badass. Anybody know how this thing holds up? It is hard to even find pictures of this on a D3 on the internet. Does it just look like a cheap sticker? It is also pretty expensive at $24.95.

Any other contenders? And make it quick, my D3 comes tomorrow!

Thanks guys

sre123

Reaction score
Go to Ebay. They had over 3,000 when you search for motorola Droid 3 case. I got a nice one for $5.95 with free shipping!

motorola droid 3 case | eBay

...Yeah, thanks buddy...incredibly unhelpful. Yeah, 3000 of the same one in different colors.

Um, the original post from here was asking about a case. There is no reason to be nasty when I mention about getting to choose from 3000 different ones and telling that the one I got was nice. THEY DID ASK ABOUT SUGGESTIONS FOR CASES.

Jeez, some people....

howar1rc

Reaction score
Which one did you get? Do you like it? Is it one of the two that I have links to?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to Ebay. They had over 3,000 when you search for motorola Droid 3 case. I got a nice one for $5.95 with free shipping!

motorola droid 3 case | eBay

...Yeah, thanks buddy...incredibly unhelpful. Yeah, 3000 of the same one in different colors.
Incredibly rude, man.. I see all sorts of different once. Hard, Soft, Soft inside and hard outside, designs, matte based ones, more gel-like ones, etc.

More:
- [link removed per vendor request]
Customize your own:
- http://www.skinit.com/skins/?affiliate=adw1&gclid=CLHKicDgk6oCFQQnbAodbxlbxw

The one I personally ordered:
- http://www.otterbox.com/DROID-3-by-...es-Case/MOT4-DROD3-20-E4OTR_A,default,pd.html

sre123

Reaction score
Which one did you get? Do you like it? Is it one of the two that I have links to?

Since I am a female, I like nice patterns. This is the one I got:

White Flowers Cute Case Cover Motorola Droid 3 XT862 - eBay (item 280706937079 end time Aug-06-11 14:18:25 PDT)

It has a nice rubberized feel to it, not slippery or shiny. I ordered it Sunday and received it Monday (literally!!!) with free shipping. I got it faster than I got the phone from Verizon in the mail! I think I have received items from this seller before and have been pretty happy. Although, I find it a little harder to open the keyboard, but I can't figure out if it is from the case or it just needs to break-in a little bit.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
I got the case from the verizon store while I got the phone....its the hard rubber texture case and on the back it has a pull out kickstand which is very cool I love it and it snapped right on over ex battery as well so that was a + also.....I had the otterbox for the d2 and didn't care for it at all it made the phone to big but that's just my 2cents

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums