Droid Pro Cases/Accessories

dep

Reaction score
Hey all. I feel like there aren't any good cases yet for the Droid Pro. Do you know of any? Not a holster, but just a nice protective shell in case of drops.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
All of the Verizon cases appear to have an odd square cutout adjacent and slightly below the camera cutout. I initially thought it was designed for use on multiple phones, such as the one with the odd rear-mounted track pad. I have the glossy plastic silicone cover (which makes using the power button a chore) When look closer, the square hole is in line with the area right between the SIM card and the mcro sd card, so I'm thinking it's where the antenna is located. Maybe Moto is trying to make certain this device doesn't have iPhone 4 like problems.........

Not yet 100% sold on Pro......may go back to DX........

ravenhawk

Reaction score
I picked up the holster one yesterday. I don't use it as a holster, but the back part seems to protect the backside nicely, and then have a screen protector on the front protecting everything except for the keys. They had a gel shell for it too, but I really can't stand those things.
I want to get the desktop dock for it, but the online store and warehouses around that my VZW store could order from are all out of stock already.

spydergirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. That's helpful. I'm hoping they'll come out with the snap-on covers (rubberized hard) really soon. I've already found the smooth plastic snap-on covers on Ebay, so I'm sure the others are coming along soon as well.

marmot8

Reaction score
I'm waiting on a Seidio case, but might need to pick up a rubber one for the time being...

Is everyone putting a screen protector on it? I never had one on my blackberry curve 8330 and it made it two years fine, but do we need it with the touch screen and all?

eus107709

Reaction score
If our screen is made of glass (think it is), I see no need to put a protector on it. It will take a lot to scratch it... do a youtube search of Droid scratch test. I have taken a razor to my Droid 1 and wasn't able to scratch it. Save your money and buy a case of beer is my suggestion :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

ravenhawk

Reaction score
There is a snap on cover already. The Verizon website has a body glove cover for the Pro.

BubbaRob

Reaction score
I am using a Droid 2 anti-glare screen protector that is perfect width. I just had to cut the length down a bit and its great. It covers from top down to the touch sensitive buttons. I left the buttons uncovered though.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

ravenhawk

Reaction score
I just got my replacement droid pro in the mail today and put one of the "official" vzw droid pro screen protectors on it. Fits well, just seems a little small. Doesnt cover the whole screen. I also dont like the texture, to be honest. Feels a little grainy I guess.