Droid 2 won't boot past 'M' boot-up screen: Please help!

ridie1389

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this guide, but I'm not new to rooting and hacking Android handsets. Unfortunately, I've run into a dilemma. I've had my Droid 2 rooted and flashed with a custom ROM for a while, (the ApeX ROM). And recently flashed back to the backup of the stock Android 2.2, after using that for a while. I lost the Droid 2 outside in the snow, but fortunately found two days later, put it in brown rice for a day. And worked like it was brand new. Then about a week later I installed the MotoBlur v3.0 skinned ROM for the Droid 2. After using that for about 2 days, the screen started to malfunction (I would tap in the top left corner, it would open an app located on the opposite side of the, I would tap and it would perform a sliding gesture.) A few hours following that, and it turned itself off, and I rebooted it and it will not boot past the "M" boot-up image. Also I have tried wiping the cache and data, I have no idea how I could get into Clockworkmod recovery at this point, stock recovery is a just a massive turd on my face, and now it will only boot while it is plugged in to the wall and not USB, and the battery doesn't seem to be charging and is already dead. I have managed to get into the Bootloader and it states "Line 1: "Bootloader" Line 2: "D2.37" and then in the middle left side of the screen the words "Battery Low" and "Cannot Program" are flashing. Please help!

newk8600

Reaction score
You probably need to get a new battery and then see if you can flash the 2.3.20 SBF but due to the possibility of hardware damage you might be out a droid 2 and might have to take it in and get a replacement.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does the little red x decal show water damage? It is really sounding like it's fried.

Get the battery recharged (buy a charger that you put the battery in, borrow a friends battery/have some put your battery in their phone and charge it, etc.) and see if anything else can be done. The sbf idea is worth pursuing.