Need Help Droid 2 stuck in boot loop after SBF

icebluemale30

Reaction score
My droid 2 is stuck in a boot loop after a sbf i want to get it back to factory but now its in boot loop tried everything pull battery,manual recovery mode,and even tried to sbf several times im out of ideas ! just need a lil help
trying to flash back to stock from liberty 1.5 ?

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Did you wipe your cache and data?
cant get to recovery screen

ok this is what happens when i turn on my phone

turn on my phone m logo comes up
then the old boot animation that i used root tools to install comes up
think its called blood (it a animation of dripping blood ) then screen goes black and the blood animation keeps going over and over .

what Ive tried
SBF several times
battery pull
old way to recovery (vol up + camera button)
access bootstrap recovery (turn phone off then on) didn't work i don't think its there .

im out of ideas guys if someone could please help me out '
this forum has helped me through some problems before hope you can do the same now

im using windows 7 with rsd lite 4.9 and 2.3.20 sbf file

thanks for any help or ideas

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First, I'm going to move your thread in hopes you have better assistance in this area.

Stuck in boot loop is usually fixed by wipe data and cache, which you obviously can't do or by sbf.

I don't know if this would make a huge difference or not but I did notice that the RSDlite version you used was different from the one I used. I would try and sbf again, but get your drivers and RSDlite from here: TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat. Follow the instructions and see if that doesn't get you where you should be.

OP
icebluemale30

icebluemale30

Reaction score
You need to wipe data and cache. Since you just sbf'ed the phone, clockwork recovery is no longer there. You need to access the stock recovery on the phone...

This link will tell you how to do this..

Droid 2 Recovery Menu - xda-developers

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thank you very much that did the trick the boot animation was stopping it from booting but this help me thank you so much im all good now thanks to all who commented and there help

HAPPY CAMPER NOW
was about to get a new phone .........
thanks hookbill for the move it really helped

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Just for future reference, it wasn't the boot animation that was stopping it. For some reason when you sbf your phone upon reboot it will boot loop. Always have to remember to go into the stock recovery to wipe data and cache. Glad it worked for ya!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jhkang

Reaction score
ok i am in the same boat HOWEVER i tried to get into clockword recovery it does NOT go into it even after i hold x first than the power button.

i also have a corrupt code as well....