Wont Boot Into Clockwork Recovery

slowtype

Reaction score
I need a hand with this.

I flashed a new ROM, and it wouldn't load past the ROMS boot screen. So how do I get back into clockwork recovery so I can restore my phone with the backup I made?

Holding X while booting puts me into the standard Android system recovery.

Please Help.

Thanks

louy99

Reaction score
Have you tried booting in the stock recovery again and clear data? That usually does it. If that doesn't work, you may have to sbf

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

reichbc

Reaction score
When you flash a ROM, normally you should boot into either stock or CWM/other recovery and clear data/cache. It doesn't matter which. It's just so that the ROM isn't reading files it doesn't recognize.

:)

lizard

Reaction score
I need a hand with this.

I flashed a new ROM, and it wouldn't load past the ROMS boot screen. So how do I get back into clockwork recovery so I can restore my phone with the backup I made?

Holding X while booting puts me into the standard Android system recovery.

Please Help.

Thanks

You said a new rom, then you said backup. Hopefully its a new old rom. Be careful what you do.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
When the phone is powering up and at the M logo screen watch until the blue light flashes in the upper right-hand corner, then press the down volume button. This will take you into recovery.

ddschmidt

Reaction score
what is this blue light you speak of? I'm not seeing anything like that on boot.

Thanks

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you used Rom Manager or Bootstrapper to install the Rom clockwork should be in your system now and when you're on the M boot logo a blue light will flash in the upper right corner. Just hit the down volume key once the logo appears and keep tapping it, you should get into recovery eventually. If not then you will have to SBF and start all over.