DROID 2 ROM! Epic Unleashed 1.0 DROID 2!!! First DROID 2 ROM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevcube

Reaction score
Of course, lol. I dont use ROM Manager, that thing is useless.

Yeah, well its good for download roms but otherwise it sucks. Try using it to boot recovery tho.

Would it really make any difference seeing how my phone boots into recovery automatically anyway on boot? And ive also already tried using the reboot into recovery option in the bootstrap app. Got a MD5 or SHA1?

EDIT/UPDATE: Tried rebooting via Rom Mangler. Still get the same error, even using the newly downloaded zip. Im gonna take a guess and say that it may be a bad upload now.

What I'm thinking is that the Droid 2 has 8gb system memory, and 8gb SD card, so CWM probably doesn't mount one or the other, and that's probably where you have it downloaded to. Post the exact file location from the error so we can tell where it is.

n0yd

Reaction score
Yeah, well its good for download roms but otherwise it sucks. Try using it to boot recovery tho.

Would it really make any difference seeing how my phone boots into recovery automatically anyway on boot? And ive also already tried using the reboot into recovery option in the bootstrap app. Got a MD5 or SHA1?

EDIT/UPDATE: Tried rebooting via Rom Mangler. Still get the same error, even using the newly downloaded zip. Im gonna take a guess and say that it may be a bad upload now.

What I'm thinking is that the Droid 2 has 8gb system memory, and 8gb SD card, so CWM probably doesn't mount one or the other, and that's probably where you have it downloaded to. Post the exact file location from the error so we can tell where it is.

Nope, deffinitely not it. Clockword mod see my SD card just fine. I've tried loading the zip from /sdcard/downloads and /sdcard/roms. It lets me choose the file etc, when it goes to install it is where it craps out. Did it work for you?

kevcube

Reaction score
I'm just about to do it..

SD card mounted on my comp... EpicUnleased1.0.zip copying.. Just a suggestion, try (in windows) chkdsk'ing your SD card. Maybe it's corrupt. Droid starting up.. Rebooting into CWM through Rom Manager.. Backing up. Also, if you're planning on wiping the etc and cache, you might just want to do an SBF restore with an SBF that you have legally obtained :wink: OH NO! I just got the same thing!

EDIT: I just read through the ROM Manager log, and found that the error is somewhere with the signature check, even though I made sure it was disabled..

EDIT 2: Just messing around in Astro to see what the rom was like, I found that when in the system/app folder, you can't open the BlurEmail.apk app with the application manager. I just randomly picked that one on a list, so if that's the only problem I just got SO lucky.

n0yd

Reaction score
Het matt, can you post a Md5 sum for the roms zip on your PC (not on the server), so we may compare. Its looking like its a bad upload.

n0yd

Reaction score
You should edit the first post to specify you actually updated it. Like add deodex to features or something. Just a thought. Gonna DL now.

n0yd

Reaction score
w00t! dancedroid

Worked fine this time! Must've been a problem with the upload on the first zip.

Thanks again matt!

EDIT: Also whats the deal with the scripts, are they put into the $PATH so they are easily excutable via terminal/shell?

OP
Matt4542

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
w00t! dancedroid

Worked fine this time! Must've been a problem with the upload on the first zip.

Thanks again matt!

EDIT: Also whats the deal with the scripts, are they put into the $PATH so they are easily excutable via terminal/shell?

Happy it worked :) I just threw them in the xbin folder so you can just type them from terminal emulator :).

bizzshow

Reaction score
wish i could join in on the fun but woke up to a droid that didnt like me. didnt even get a chance to try the rom or push the deodexed system. my droid decided to brick itself. so im on the hunt for a fix

Status
Not open for further replies.