DROID 2 ROM! Epic Unleashed 1.0 DROID 2!!! First DROID 2 ROM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0yd

Reaction score
I am gonna get it deodexed :) Someone is working on it now actually. I am gonna try to port stock froyo. Isn't that hard. Just build from AOSP. Gonna port a stock theme in the mean time.

Sweet!

I notice you live in CT too. Awesome, I'm about in Hartford and Rocky Hill. BTW, I'm a FOSS and Linux developer (ArchLinux), so if you need any help with anything, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

OP
Matt4542

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I am gonna get it deodexed :) Someone is working on it now actually. I am gonna try to port stock froyo. Isn't that hard. Just build from AOSP. Gonna port a stock theme in the mean time.

Sweet!

I notice you live in CT too. Awesome, I'm about in Hartford and Rocky Hill. BTW, I'm a FOSS and Linux developer (ArchLinux), so if you need any help with anything, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

Okay man hit me up on GTalk and I will talk to you if I need help :) I live in southern CT :)

wmnomore

Reaction score
Great work! now can we put this in the Droid 2 section before i flash it. thanks

n0yd

Reaction score
Hmmm, mine errors out also. I downloaded via my PC, transfered via USB.

Basically:

E: Can't Open /path/to/the/zip/file
(bad)
Installation aborted.

n0yd

Reaction score
Hmmm, mine errors out also. I downloaded via my PC, transfered via USB.

Basically:

E: /path/to/the/zip/file
(bad)
Installation aborted.

That's odd. Rename it to epicupdate.zip and then try to flash.

Will try, gonna transfer it back to the PC, and see if it opens without error

Update: Opens fine on PC and when booted into Android on the phone.

n0yd

Reaction score
Damnit, same ****ing error. My internet does appear to be going slow tonight. Im gonna try downloading it on my phone (I get almost 3Mbps around here on my phone) just to be sure.

EDIT: Also, are the scripts in the $PATH so they are executable via shell without navigating to them, or how did you set it up?

OP
Matt4542

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Damnit, same ****ing error. My internet does appear to be going slow tonight. Im gonna try downloading it on my phone (I get almost 3Mbps around here on my phone) just to be sure.

EDIT: Also, are the scripts in the $PATH so they are executable via shell without navigating to them, or how did you set it up?

Try rebooting into recovery from rom manager. I did, I meant just don't install the zip from rom manager but you can boot from it.

n0yd

Reaction score

Try rebooting into recovery from rom manager. I did, I meant just don't install the zip from rom manager but you can boot from it.

Of course, lol. I dont use ROM Manager, that thing is useless.

OP
Matt4542

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Yeah, well its good for download roms but otherwise it sucks. Try using it to boot recovery tho.

n0yd

Reaction score

Yeah, well its good for download roms but otherwise it sucks. Try using it to boot recovery tho.

Would it really make any difference seeing how my phone boots into recovery automatically anyway on boot? And ive also already tried using the reboot into recovery option in the bootstrap app. Got a MD5 or SHA1?

EDIT/UPDATE: Tried rebooting via Rom Mangler. Still get the same error, even using the newly downloaded zip. Im gonna take a guess and say that it may be a bad upload now.

Reaction score
Its just the backlight not the screen so it doesn't drain it super fast but faster then normal. I need all the battery life I can get lol

Status
Not open for further replies.