Droid 2 Owners, What's your old phone?

Uber_Tiny

Reaction score
Old phone was a VX 10000...yuk. :dry:

New phone DROID 2 dancedroid

gossamar

Reaction score
Well as of sometime this Wednesday, my old phone will be a Casio G'Zone....but we will keep it around just in case me and my new droid2 do not get along very well.

justin090435

Reaction score
htc wing, htc dash, back to wing(tmobile, horrible customer service), voyager (broke), dare (free upgrade), omnia (stole wifes upgrade, crappy phone), droid 1 (my upgrade), droid 2 (free warranty upgrade)

schoondog

Reaction score
Old phone Blackberry Storm. Really liked that one but as it got older and I used it too much the battery life was getting terrible. Droid 2 since Saturday and not impressed with the battery life but it should get better as I learn how to close apps instead of leaving them running in the background.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Old phone Blackberry Storm. Really liked that one but as it got older and I used it too much the battery life was getting terrible. Droid 2 since Saturday and not impressed with the battery life but it should get better as I learn how to close apps instead of leaving them running in the background.

Sigh….let the Droid run it's apps in the background. It does not use up battery like you think it does.

We've gon through this hundreds of times and why people still don't understand how the Droid works and how it controls it''s own memory is a mystery to me. I'm not going to go through the whole thing again but just trust the Droid to do it's job.

You want to save on battery? Buy an extra (or two) from Amazon, they are cheap. Get a wall charger for 5.00 on ebay. Quit worrying about things running in the background, and enjoy your Droid.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Blackberry-Curve-8900.jpg

Blackberry Curve 8900.

Good bloody riddance. Utterly dreadful phone.

mpower

Reaction score
I also had a D1 but got a D2 free as a warranty replacement.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

incredible crm

Reaction score
currently have a Samsung Alias 2 and love the keyboard but hate everything else! I walked into VZW store yesterday with a mindset that I want the Incredible. And if that didn't work out, maybe I'd consider the X. Well, I left in love with the Droid 2 and its keyboard! I've been lurking in the forums, reading how everyone feels about theirs, and watching countless reviews. What I've found is that I really wish all 3 would combine! If HTC would make a Droid X-sized phone with a Droid 2 keyboard, Sense, and a decent camera, I'd be sold! Does anyone here STRONGLY recommend a D2?

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Does anyone here STRONGLY recommend a D2?

I'll bite and say yes, with some clarifications.

First and foremost, I am not recommending it over any other Android based handset because I simply haven't used enough others to make such comparisons. My Android experience runs as deep as the D1 and D2, with a little DX and DI experience.

I had the opportunity to choose between an X, a 2, and the Incredible, and went with the D2 because I do like the physical keyboard a great deal. After having it since day one, I have not suffered the battery or signal issues others have - but also did a large amount of homework (much of it on this very forum) on how to get the most out of my phone before I bought it.

It runs quick, the keyboard took very little to get used to and feel comfortable with, and the phone feels incredibly solid in the hands. The camera is reasonable enough to take the kinds of pictures I was looking for (I really wanted a decent point and shoot camera in my pocket at all times, this fit the bill for me), and for the most part, it just does what I want it to (for the most part - I've yet to root, which will basically finish off what I'm aiming for).

As far as what I don't like - the touchscreen is a difficult, but not impossible, transition from Apple devices. It just feels less responsive, but not by an immense amount. I also occasionally encounter issues with my wi-fi turning on and off constantly, or simply not working, however with the last OTA update that seemed to subside substantially (though I don't know if said update was even meant to address the issue).

All in all, if I had to do it again, I'd stick with my choice because it suits my desires in a smart phone, but always feel compelled to stress that some of what I see as strengths, or at least not deterrents in a device, may be viewed as weaknesses by others.

n0m0n

Reaction score
currently have a Samsung Alias 2 and love the keyboard but hate everything else! I walked into VZW store yesterday with a mindset that I want the Incredible. And if that didn't work out, maybe I'd consider the X. Well, I left in love with the Droid 2 and its keyboard! I've been lurking in the forums, reading how everyone feels about theirs, and watching countless reviews. What I've found is that I really wish all 3 would combine! If HTC would make a Droid X-sized phone with a Droid 2 keyboard, Sense, and a decent camera, I'd be sold! Does anyone here STRONGLY recommend a D2?

Well the D2 has the lowest return rate of all.
I had a Incredible and loved it well I hated that fact that after trying 2 and 3 different batteries I couldn't take the 4-5 hours battery life. (I wasn't alone)
Got a DX and thats what I am using on my main # its very nice but I started my Android life with a Droid and liked the way it felt in my had as I got the D2 for my business line and like that equally as well.
I was debating if I should return it during my first 30 days, but fell that I would regret not having it to switch back and forth.
If you want a physical keyboard then the D2 is STRONGLY the way to go as I said I like it a lot more than my D1.

incredible crm

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that was helpful! It's hard not to worry about the future of the phones. With new stuff coming out every month, and contracts being 2 years, it's hard to stay relevant anymore. I hope the D2 will run gingerbread well, because I think I'm going to grab it.