Droid 2 keyboard Mods

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Isn't that already the D2 keyboard theme? Also do you want it highlighted green like that (when pressed)? If so I may need a hex code to go off of. Otherwise it is a minimal look and should be easy to do.

Rouge

Reaction score
Isn't that already the D2 keyboard theme? Also do you want it highlighted green like that (when pressed)? If so I may need a hex code to go off of. Otherwise it is a minimal look and should be easy to do.

Its a screenshot I found from xda someone made that for the droid x keyboard. Maybe a brighter white for key presses instead of green, just simple white on black or even reversed black on white for the whole keyboard. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

awwpickle

Reaction score
I tried to download the blue one using the recovery mode? I go to instal and then it doesn't give an option to install zip from sd card. Only install ROM or allow update.zip install, or install update.zip? But when I push install rom from sd card... it says something about no tar file?

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried to download the blue one using the recovery mode? I go to instal and then it doesn't give an option to install zip from sd card. Only install ROM or allow update.zip install, or install update.zip? But when I push install rom from sd card... it says something about no tar file?

If using sprecovery you need to rename the file to update.zip. Also I have no idea if they work in sp (but should) as I use clockwork.

codyodyody

Reaction score
Ok really odd problem here..... downloaded project elite.... added the green keyboard.... everything worked fine until I restarted phone. Now the keyboard disappeared and it will not let me re install the multi touch no matter what. Any suggestions

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

SoDroid

Reaction score
I think that is a Rom issue. Same thing happened to me. I switched to UD and the exact same file that wouldnt work with PE worked fine with UD.

I tried all the keyboards multiple times with PE, never worked.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

projekt128

Reaction score
I've been using these keyboards with many different roms, but I've encountered a strange problem. I flashed the .zip and the kb installed fine, but the lettering on the kb is extremely small. Any idea what would cause this?

It must be an frg22 -> frg83 compatibility issue?

SoDroid

Reaction score
I've been using these keyboards with many different roms, but I've encountered a strange problem. I flashed the .zip and the kb installed fine, but the lettering on the kb is extremely small. Any idea what would cause this?

Was this on UD2.1? The same thing happened to me on UD2.1, but not on any other rom.

projekt128

Reaction score

Was this on UD2.1? The same thing happened to me on UD2.1, but not on any other rom.

I was aware of this happening on UD, this issue occurred using miui 11.19

jbulluck

Reaction score
Ok guys, seems to be somewhat of a similar pattern here...sorta!

Problem im having is during the initial ROM setup process after flashing a new ROM, Themes, etc...keyboard installs just fine! Later on down the road when i need to do a restore to ANY backup I have made within the same ROM, I totally loose the keyboard!!!

Not only do I loose the keyboard, I try to reflash the same keyboard and its unsuccessful EACH time!! Only way for me to get it back is to start all over just like flashing a new ROM...could anyone please help me here??? I really want to use this keyboard however, I dont want to keep having to reflash the ROM and basically start all over again!

I really need some help guys! Thanks so much!!!

SoDroid

Reaction score
Ok guys, seems to be somewhat of a similar pattern here...sorta!

Problem im having is during the initial ROM setup process after flashing a new ROM, Themes, etc...keyboard installs just fine! Later on down the road when i need to do a restore to ANY backup I have made within the same ROM, I totally loose the keyboard!!!

Not only do I loose the keyboard, I try to reflash the same keyboard and its unsuccessful EACH time!! Only way for me to get it back is to start all over just like flashing a new ROM...could anyone please help me here??? I really want to use this keyboard however, I dont want to keep having to reflash the ROM and basically start all over again!

I really need some help guys! Thanks so much!!!

I would also love some incite on this as I have the same issue. Although, I'm not sure if its as specific as J's experience. I just know that sometimes it flashes, and sometimes it doesn't.

OSX2000

Reaction score

I agree. My letters went teeny-tiny with UD2.0.0, and it's been like that with every UD since. Had to switch to the stock keyboard.