Droid 2.3

magicman08

Reaction score
I know this is stupid.... but any possible chance of the awesome gingerbread coming to original DROID?:motdroidvert:

J

Johnly

rooted? yes, already here. peter alfonso (not a themer) did it.

OP
M

magicman08

Reaction score
Don't have my phone rooted... I'm only a kid but a huge phone geek... my dad and me both got droids and he won't let me root mine

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

b3ast1

Reaction score
Don't have my phone rooted... I'm only a kid but a huge phone geek... my dad and me both got droids and he won't let me root mine

The only way you will be able to install a rom is by rooting. It is fairly easy on the droid as I did it all the time. The best mod in my opion is buglessbeast or cm7.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kennydied23

Reaction score
And cyanogenmod. There's Pete's build and Cyanogenmod. Officially? Most likely not, but there are some rumors...

OP
M

magicman08

Reaction score
Thanks I'll ask my dad.... he might root his eventually but I doubt he'll say yes.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, lets not steer him into rooting. Its not needed and definetly not worth going against his father. Expecially since it voids warrenty. Gingerbread is ok, its not worth the fuss. Froyo is good. And any rom is unofficial anyway, wont run like the OEM if it does get 2.3.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
i dont get the rooting voids warranty argument, thats what sbf's are for.

and what do you mean by "won't run like oem" you mean it won't be slow and crappy?

luigi90210

Reaction score
Thanks I'll ask my dad.... he might root his eventually but I doubt he'll say yes.

if your dad says no than dont go against him but if you want him to consider saying yes tell him you can speed up his phone and give him cool features like wifi tethering for free

/on topic
there are plenty of gingerbread roms out there, idk how stable they are but i know they are out there

EDIT:
if you had your phone for more than 1 year than you already lost your warranty unless you bought the extended warranty from motorola so if your phone is over 1 year old you have nothing to lose really

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont get the rooting voids warranty argument, thats what sbf's are for.

and what do you mean by "won't run like oem" you mean it won't be slow and crappy?
Its kind of the same arguement as if you "borrow" a piece of jewlery from a store you work at then "returning" it later... You still broke the rules. SBF is nice but if you jazz up your phone, its all on you, it shouldnt be on Moto to honor the warrenty that you effectively broke off when you rooted. Want me to give any other moral talks? My code says thats a nono...at least thats how i was brought up. I hope ethics and moral codes were bright up with other peeps across the states. I know they give these talks in military. And by OEM i mean Moto hasnt put their blessings on any Gingerbread code thats out right now. I fully believe a moto released Droid 1 specific update will run better than the current roms. Not a slur toward the devs but this happens everytime an update comes out. froyo we were running rigged sdk leaks on our phones and leaks before the Official one came out. The devs do what the can but when Moto ports it the drivers and such will all be correct. Im running UD 3.0 and its great but i am having some issues i have no dout Motos offical would definetly solve. same goes for petes.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

if your dad says no than dont go against him but if you want him to consider saying yes tell him you can speed up his phone and give him cool features like wifi tethering for free

/on topic
there are plenty of gingerbread roms out there, idk how stable they are but i know they are out there

EDIT:
if you had your phone for more than 1 year than you already lost your warranty unless you bought the extended warranty from motorola so if your phone is over 1 year old you have nothing to lose really
Hes correct, How long have you had your phone?

TheOldFart

Reaction score

/on topic

EDIT:

You have just as much to lose even if it is over 1 year old. It doesn't matter if it is less or more, if you brick it then it is money for a new phone out of your pocket. It doesn't become nothing to lose until you are eligible for a new phone at 20 months. That is the point where I might try things with my Droid.

Oh, and tell him that the free wifi tethering violates the TOS that he signed up for. That should convince him that he should let you root his phone.

luigi90210

Reaction score

/on topic

EDIT:

You have just as much to lose even if it is over 1 year old. It doesn't matter if it is less or more, if you brick it then it is money for a new phone out of your pocket. It doesn't become nothing to lose until you are eligible for a new phone at 20 months. That is the point where I might try things with my Droid.

Oh, and tell him that the free wifi tethering violates the TOS that he signed up for. That should convince him that he should let you root his phone.

Even without rooting if your warranty is up you pay for repairs

@ op was I said before if your out of the warranty period you have nothing to lose

Last edited by a moderator:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

/on topic

EDIT:

Even without rooting if your warranty is up you pay for repairs

@ op was I said before if your out of the warranty period you have nothing to lose
Wow dude, Hes no troll. TOS is being violated, he speaks the truth. Telling a kid to root isnt so good. Lets not go guns blazing and have him uninformed... In all honesty id suggest not rooting. No need. He asked a simple question about Gingerbread being on D1 and i dont see how your suggesting a root here. No fix for anything, and steering him to violate some policies isnt cool expecially in a no need situation. Lets not lose sight of the subject matter here. Pc helps what im trying to say here although hes writing in bold and i have to sit back just to read it... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/125365-welcome-droidforums-please-read.html
Rooting is nice if its needed but i wouldn't send a someone to it without a reason. Rooting just to root is pointless. No question on tethering and such have even been asked.

Last edited by a moderator: