Droid 1 Versus 2 (rooted Droid 1)

poooookah78

Reaction score
So, this is a pretty generic question w/ a lot of gray area but here goes:

I have a rooted/ROM (BB .4) Droid 1 which I love. I'm looking at the X and the 2 and just out of curiosity and after looking at the side by side comparison of the 1 and 2, I can really only see a couple of minor differences performance wise. 1. of course the processor is Stock at 1ghz but I OC mine to 1.25 w/ the kernel I run (P3). Also, the on board storage is 8 gigs rather than the laughable 256 megs we have. Aside from that, is there any MAJOR difference between the two?

THANKS!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, this is a pretty generic question w/ a lot of gray area but here goes:

I have a rooted/ROM (BB .4) Droid 1 which I love. I'm looking at the X and the 2 and just out of curiosity and after looking at the side by side comparison of the 1 and 2, I can really only see a couple of minor differences performance wise. 1. of course the processor is Stock at 1ghz but I OC mine to 1.25 w/ the kernel I run (P3). Also, the on board storage is 8 gigs rather than the laughable 256 megs we have. Aside from that, is there any MAJOR difference between the two?

THANKS!!!!

I typed out a big explanation and you know what, there are so many articles on the internet that really a google would be better suited for you.

Here's what CNET says:

Inside the Droid 2 lurks a Droid X | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News

Polymira

Reaction score
Droid 2 is faster stock then any overclocked d1. Its the architecture, trust me. More ram helps a ton too... im much happier with the d2 then I was with my overclocked d1.

But I disagree on the keyboard, being used to the d1 keyboard im always typing a key to the left.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
Droid 2 is faster stock then any overclocked d1. Its the architecture, trust me. More ram helps a ton too... im much happier with the d2 then I was with my overclocked d1.

But I disagree on the keyboard, being used to the d1 keyboard im always typing a key to the left.

Thanks for the input. I figured as much with the chip architecture. How has the success rate in overclocking/rooting/flashing the D2 yet?

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
In my opinion stay with your droid 1 with overclocking it to 1.3 ghz it still faster then a droid 2 trust me.

Wait until the droid 2 get kernal beyond 1.5 ghz (rooting) and maybe then u can upgrade. Memory is a plus but it if u know how to root u can find apps for sd card storage that places your apps on the phone without taking your 256mb.

If you switch roms the desire roms give your phone 262 mb plus 448mb of sd partion . More memory is good but it isnt a big deal.

Polymira

Reaction score
Ram and rom are two different things. Im not saying to spend money upgrading.... but having more ram makes a HUGE difference.

Nice switching between dogcatchet, twitter, and browser with flash and not have launcher pro have to restart.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Dude flash player is on droid 1 too!

And launcher pro it too buggie once u have over 100 apps like i do. But yet u see droid x and droid 2 users using it. Just like us droid 1 users.

Now that said the nexus one users dont need to use this because the function it has is the nexus one 3d apps launcher. Plus mixture of Sense ui widgets.

I rather flash roms from developer that has sense ui then using launcher pro. Ugh my phone doesnt get a force close at all.

Once i install launcher pro it makes my phone get force close every 5 mins with live wallpaper and my aim app.