How to root and put custom roms on Droid 1

chadwick286

Reaction score
hi I just bought a droid 1 for fun to see what i can all do on it.

What is the best way to root and put custom roms on it

Thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do a search for "root regardless droidforums" on google. It'll get you to the correct link here!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
C

chadwick286

Reaction score
okay. I followed all those steps and it worked.
But when i download a rom and put it on my sd card when i choose from the recovery to "Choose Rom from SD card it says E:No tar archives found. What am i doing wrong?

Any help would be helpful

Thanks

vey

Reaction score
okay. I followed all those steps and it worked.
But when i download a rom and put it on my sd card when i choose from the recovery to "Choose Rom from SD card it says E:No tar archives found. What am i doing wrong?

Any help would be helpful

Thanks

Did you unzip it before you put in on the SD card? If you did, don't. Just put the single file on the SD card.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should be install update.zip it shouldn't be looking for tar files.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

mcmuggy

Reaction score
[video=youtube;xsLQUNGB00I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsLQUNGB00I&feature=related[/video]

mcmuggy

Reaction score
Better question: where do u find custom ROMs for.the Motor Droid? All the d/l links I have seen are dead.

Durandgir

Reaction score
Better question: where do u find custom ROMs for.the Motor Droid? All the d/l links I have seen are dead.

They are all over the place in the Droid hacking forums, a lot of the roms links are dead but if you search around enough a lot of people have posted working links for a lot of the roms :)

canezila

Reaction score
I am rooted but my clockwork mod menu is no where to be found. I have several roms for the D1 I want to use but cant get anything other than the stock, blue 5 question boot menu. How does clockwork work on the D1? I had no problems with the DX and DX2. But I bought this D1 because the audio skips badly on my DX2 and I need something reliable for work. (and my DX is broke).

Also, the SBF using linux for the D1 link is broken. That would be the best thing if it was avaiable... Any ideas? Thanks...

canezila

Reaction score
I am glad no one responded. Using my DX, I never rebooted using the Clockwork app. On my Droid X2, I dont use the clockwork app to reboot. BUT ON THE DROID, I do. That is the answer. I feel dumb. Use as directed.