1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted Droid 2 - ROMS - Kernels

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by micp1480, Nov 27, 2010.

1. micp1480

micp1480 New Member

Let me say this, that I am not a novice to rooting, that I came from a Droid 1 that was rooted with the Ultimate Droid Rom running with a P3 kernel. Now that I have the droid 2, it seems you have to jump through hoops to get what came easy withe the Droid 1, meaning that I had to down load the Boot Strap APk, etc....................ok, I want to download a ROM and Kernel, and I see that there is a ROM called EPIC for the Droid 2, but everywhere I go to download it, the link is broken. I have seen nothing about loading a Kernel on the Droid 2 either. My question is this, where can I find the ROMS and Kernels for the Droid 2? Thank you.

MICP 1480
  2. jap122288

jap122288 New Member

Please someone! Help us out. I am in the exact same boat!
  3. wingdo

wingdo New Member

First, it might make more sense to ask in the Droid 2 forum. Second, it's much harder on the D2 because it's not a "google experience" phone like the D1 was, and finally Motorola has locked the bootloader in the D2 / DX / Dwhatever which means hoops are required if you want root / ROMs etc.

Check out Droid 2 Forum - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum for oodles of D2 subforums here.
Search tags for this page

droid 2 kernel

droid 2 kernels