droid 1 backup problem

JPUSCPSCH

Reaction score
I have recently rooted my droid 1 and everything went well(I think). I then tried to load an app that would set my phone default to phone not found to try and get netflix. Something went wrong but recovered almost everything but now cannot get to the menu as before. I got to the menu by powering phone off, then cutting power back on while holding the "x" on the pullout keyboard. Now when I power on while holding "x" I get a triangle with exclamation point inside the triangle over icon of phone and phone locks up. Must take battery out to reset. what did I do wrong and can someone help me fix it. Still have problem but found out I do not need to pull battery, I can just keep pressing power button and phone boots on up. Phone seems to be working fine just cannot access above issue described above.:motdroidvert:

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did you root?

If you used superoneclick or a one click root, you won't have a custom recovery stick because of FRS.

You can download ROM Manager and flash ClockworkMod recovery or SPRecovery and then apply the update.zip file in link one in my signature.

OP
J

JPUSCPSCH

Reaction score
Rom recovery to reset

Thanks, had rom manager already loaded. Didi what you said and it worked.
Thanks!!!!! Could you recommend where i can learn about roms and kernels so I don't mess up again. I am 61 years old but want to learn now that i have some free time. Again thanks for your help, jack dancedroid

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a problem.

Just look around this board and you will find a lot of threads about what ROM is better and kernels the same.

The ROMs and kernels are in the developer section if you click on the "forum" tab at the top of the page.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk