Driod 2 overclock down clocks my phone, and other questions

loki993

Reaction score
Ok so I've been using Droid 2 overclock for a little while now. Not really to make my phone any faster but more to set the frequencies to a point to conserve battery life. So I've noticed something recently though.

So I have a profile set to down clock the phone to 300 mhz when the screen is off. Fine. Thing is when that's set, when I come out of the screen lock it will be downclocked to 600mhz, when set at 1.15 and 400 when set at 1.0. It stays there too. When I go into the app the slider is actually moved down the those freqs. I tested it without the profile and it doesn't do it. Any idea?

Also what can I do to get the most battery out of my phone possible? Do the different voltages make a difference, I would suppose they would. Right now I'm running stock speed or 1.15 sometimes at LV. I think ill probably run it at 1.0 from here on out as I don't really see any performance difference at 1.15. Don't know what I would set it at to se a good jump, but I doubt ill see anything that dramatic. Hell I think I had it running at 600 for a while once when it downclocked, at one point and I don't think I even noticed that much lol.

I don't think I've seen too much difference in battery life between stock and running the settings I'm on now, but I'm also on it a ton so I'm sure I'm killing the battery. I don't have any problems making it though a day though.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need an app called Quickclock advanced. It will run a calibration and find the best voltage for your phone to save battery life. I use this to set the cpu/voltage and droid overclock to set the governer (i use conservative). Awesome app dude. Search for the apk on google.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

andyc

Reaction score
Obviously all phones handle different speeds and voltages differently, but try these settings..

Slot 1: 450mhz @ 36V
Slot 2: 700mhz @ 48V
Slot 3: 1000mhz@58V
Slot 4: 1300mhz @ 67V

Profiles - highest to lowest priority

temp > 46 degrees Celsius -> 450 max & min, ondemand
screen off -> 450 max & min, ondemand
Charging/Full -> 1300, 450, ondemand
Battery < 10% ->700, 450, ondemand
Battery < 20% ->1000,450 ondemand
Screen on -> 1300, 450 performance

I never get random reboots, I get smooth performance when I want it and minimal battery wasted when I don't. The profile values can be tweaked to however you please but I find those settings to be adequate. I have the profiles and OC frequencies set on boot, and have never had issues.

Hope that helps even a little :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
300/14
600/29
800/38
1000/49
That's how I'm rolling. Quickclock calibrated this for my d2 and with these super low voltages (which are stable), i'm saving a lot of juice without sacrificing performance. Win/win. Sometimes im at 1250/63 when i need that extra kick.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
Cool, Ill check that out.

Thing is what about the issue with the phone changing the scaling frequency when the screen goes off? It moves the slider down and the only way to get it back to the max speed is to go in and put the slider back as far as I know.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If thats the case, don't use droid 2 overclock and try only using quickclock. Go to calibrate, let it do its thing, then go to overclock and where it says profile, you'll have a few options. I only use d2 overclock to change the governer.