Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea I NEVER recommend going from ICS to GB while keeping data. Some people have done it against my recommendation. I just wanted to offer that as an option. I mean if you nandroided before doing all this you can just simply FXZ back to 905, root, and restore the nandroid.

Otherwise, reboot into recovery like option 4 shows, and do the Factory Reset option. You won't have to flash anything at that point. Just go in there, use that option, and reboot. Your phone will be back to a factory minty fresh state and HOPEFULLY ADB works at that point so you can root. Then you just have to reinstall your apps and set up the phone again. Giant pain, but, that would give you a clean start.

zebo51

Reaction score
Yea I NEVER recommend going from ICS to GB while keeping data. Some people have done it against my recommendation. I just wanted to offer that as an option. I mean if you nandroided before doing all this you can just simply FXZ back to 905, root, and restore the nandroid.

Otherwise, reboot into recovery like option 4 shows, and do the Factory Reset option. You won't have to flash anything at that point. Just go in there, use that option, and reboot. Your phone will be back to a factory minty fresh state and HOPEFULLY ADB works at that point so you can root. Then you just have to reinstall your apps and set up the phone again. Giant pain, but, that would give you a clean start.

Ok, I guess I just wasn't one of the lucky ones for this to work all nice. :(

After a few reboots, my old homescreen using ADW seems to be working better. So I think I will try going back to 905, restore my nandroid and try this process again.

To do that though, I need to sue your option 4 to get on 905 right? Then root and install safestrap, then restore my backup?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I just wasn't one of the lucky ones for this to work all nice. :(

After a few reboots, my old homescreen using ADW seems to be working better. So I think I will try going back to 905, restore my nandroid and try this process again.

To do that though, I need to sue your option 4 to get on 905 right? Then root and install safestrap, then restore my backup?

Yes indeed. Good luck! Sorry you weren't one of the lucky ones. :( Just know that things are about to get whacked. 238 is being leaked as we speak.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You'll hate me soon....trust me.

shawner47

Reaction score
Hahaha! Yeah, I just saw that last post as I was copying the link. Oh well... I'll re-do the links without complaining. I'm just happy to help in any small way I can.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It's a very big help. Although I will caution....people will not want to do this next update. Not even close.

shawner47

Reaction score
I hear ya... I'm sticking with 232 until the OTA and even then I may stay with 232 depending on how much difference there is between the two.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have a patch that'll install over 2.2 that'll install 238 but I don't have time to clean it up and it's currently untested. Not likely to post it right now until we've had more time with it. And since I'm gone soon, I don't know if it'll get posted today.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I have a patch that'll install over 2.2 that'll install 238 but I don't have time to clean it up and it's currently untested. Not likely to post it right now until we've had more time with it. And since I'm gone soon, I don't know if it'll get posted today.

Is there a new ICS Bionic leak out? When did 238 hit?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is there a new ICS Bionic leak out? When did 238 hit?

About an hour ago. I have private testers testing it with the 3.0 HoB as we speak. I MIGHT get an update out today before I leave but it'll be close.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Installing it now as we speak. 2 testers upgraded from 235 already. Root is working.

SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_(3.0).exe - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download - Samuri HL

That's the full 3.0 installer.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS WARNING:

For 232 or lower users, use INSTALL 238
For 235 users, use REINSTALL 238

If you fail to heed my warning and brick yourself, I can't be held responsible. I do not recommend this build. It has the same security as 235. More testing needs to be done on a few things.

*USE AT YOUR OWN RISK*

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you seriously asking me that? :( Obviously it's for the new 238 leak....why would I post what I just said about INSTALL 238 and REINSTALL 238 options? :(