Does your Moto Droid act like it's "possessed"?

AzJazz

Reaction score
If you're seeing random screen presses, scrolling, etc. - It looks like someone evil it trying to control your precious Droid remotely.

THIS IS DEFINITELY A HARDWARE-RELATED PROBLEM.

There is a lot of talk out there about what is causing this problem (like using non-Moto chargers), but nobody has come up with anything definitive yet. But, it doesn't mean that the hardware problem isn't caused by software/firmware - such as by modifying your ROMs.

I'm hoping that with this thread, we can figure out the true source of the failure.

Don't vote on this if you aren't experiencing this problem.

To vote: In each of the "Charger", "ROM", and "Kernel" sections, pick the ONE item that best describes your normal usage. In the "Occurs" section, pick all that apply.

Cheers,

AzJazz

Note: I know that most folks don't see this problem. But, for those of us that do, this could be a big help towards resolving the issue

Last edited:

erikfig

Reaction score
No issues at all with my Droid, Rooted since first week with it.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
No problem with mine. Not rooted. Have used many different chargers, both wall and auto, along with computer USB port and Zagg Sparq. All work fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My brothers became "possessed" the other day. I had him do a factory data reset and no more issues.

OdinvsLoki

Reaction score
My Droid is having serious issues, and I can see where you are going. Another factor that may be overlooked is the use of magnetic cellphone cases.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My Droid is having serious issues, and I can see where you are going. Another factor that may be overlooked is the use of magnetic cellphone cases.

i would strongly suggest not using a case with a magnet. This can cause your phone to go into one of several modes and significantly drain the battery.

me personally i have never had a single issue with my phone and i've had it since the day it was released.

jacobrv

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with mine, but I'll put in a vote for my dad.
He uses both a motorola droid charger and my mom's LG env3 charger and he gets apps opening at random, pocket dialing, and other similar stuff. He has never rooted or installed custom roms/kernels. Oh, and by pocket dialing, it's not limited to his pocket. It's done it will sitting in the door tray in his car, and while on the table.

I have not had problems, but I use both a moto droid charger and a cheap travel charger I bought off amazon that was made for ipod touches, and I also charge off the computer. So idk, maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it's some other unknown factor.

EDIT: I saw the posts about magnetic cases above and thought I would add my 2 cents. When we got our Droids the person at verizon said we could not use magnetic cases, because my dad asked about one, and showed us why. She put my dad's phone in a magnetic case and the screen popped on thinking it was in a dock. So at home, I tried mine in a magnetic case I had laying around and got the same result. So yeah, I would avoid magnetic cases.

Last edited:

jacobrv

Reaction score
I've had 3 Droids and none of them had any issues.

I'm just a little curious. If you have never had any issues, why are you on your third Droid? They've only been out for 8 or 9 months.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I've been rocking my Droid naked since December, and when it started getting hot and humid out, it started acting "possessed." I don't have a solution, sadly.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been rocking my Droid naked since December, and when it started getting hot and humid out, it started acting "possessed." I don't have a solution, sadly.

i live in south florida and i work on the water so the humidity is always over 80% and i have never run into an issue.

it cant be that bad in PA

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Mine gets possesed nearly every morning. Like somebodys scrolling my pages back and forth, and won't let me unlock it sometimes. Keeps going up and down, up and down on browser pages. About 30 minutes later it stops.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make sure you aren't on a third party charger..if it continues while on the OEM charger or just without a charger at all, do a factory reset.