Does eMail use my Text Package?

Neko

Reaction score
When I receive an email on my DROID does that go against my text package? I only have a 250 text pack a month and I though maybe using some email would help me not go over my 250 limit like I did last month :-(

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No, Email uses Data, Data on the Droid is unlimited :)

steveinil

Reaction score
is it an email to your gmail account or to your phone #? if its from an email but to your phone # then i thought it was a txt?

strobez395

Reaction score
You can save some of your texts also, if any of your friends have an android phone or blackberry have them install google talk, it uses data so you can i/m as much as you want.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
is it an email to your gmail account or to your phone #? if its from an email but to your phone # then i thought it was a txt?
If it arrives in an email app (Gmail, Email, K-9, Touchdown, etc) it's email. If it arrives in Messages or any similar app it's text. Doesn't really matter how the sender sent it as far as the OP is concerned. Yes, you can definitely text someone via a gateway and vice versa but that's not really germane to this thread.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Absoultely not, email is always on your data plan, only an actual text message will count aginst your texts.

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
Thanks! I will be using a lot of Gmail for sure :)