How much do you used SMS each month?

baldybill

Reaction score

I use less then 200 a month doing minimal text with friends, and getting some Facebook Updates.

Does anyone have other productive ways they use their text that would use over 250 a month?

*I'm trying to decide between buying the Gnex through Verizon and keeping my 250 SMS/$5 or going through Amazon for a discounted price, but would have to upgrade to the 1000 SMS/$10. Though it's an initial savings, I'd be paying more monthly. Just trying to justify it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm not a big fan of texting as it is. My wife does so because of our family plan, I have unlimited. I signed up for NHL updates for the Sharks via text and my wife texts me too even though she knows I hate it. Other than that, I don't really use it at all.

googlelover

Reaction score
Maybe because I'm the next generation, I hit roughly 5,000 a month, and that's the average, slow month it can hit 3,000, and a busy month can hit over 10,000...

vonfink13

Reaction score
I use mine for work a lot. I am at around 2k per month...and I am definitely not the next generation...10k texts..?..!...wow...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

googlelover

Reaction score
^^ Yeah thats what I thought too, was stoked when I saw it haha (It was my mission the first time..) And never said you had to be next gen to do it, its just people say that we text way more than everyone else. :tongue:

vonfink13

Reaction score
at an avg of 5k a month you sure do text more than us old guys...and i am only 46....:blink:....i will tell you this tho...it has made a huge difference in my life....my work schedule is so much more relaxed now that more and more of my co-workers are texting....as long as we can reach other no one cares if you are actually in the bldg or not....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
All me and my friends do is text, heck even my parents text now.

I don't know my average but I was on the 1000/mo and went over twice so switched to unlmited

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
It totally depends on the time of year for me. Some months I won't text that much, probably hitting 300 - 500ish others I will go well over 1000. During the sports seasons that I watch, I do a lot more texting, as I send/receive trash talk about fantasy games, or just "haha did you just see that guy get hit?" sort of things. My high score of the past few months was 3800, which was a rather extreme high score as my next highest was 2500.

I voted 500 - 1000. It definitely goes over, and under that range depending on the month , but probably averages in around 1000 (due to a few rather inflated months lol)

breedingh8

Reaction score

I use less then 200 a month doing minimal text with friends, and getting some Facebook Updates.

Does anyone have other productive ways they use their text that would use over 250 a month?

*I'm trying to decide between buying the Gnex through Verizon and keeping my 250 SMS/$5 or going through Amazon for a discounted price, but would have to upgrade to the 1000 SMS/$10. Though it's an initial savings, I'd be paying more monthly. Just trying to justify it.

I normally do 3-5k

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
Does have any ideas to use it more productively - like getting updates from things texted to you?