Do you use Google Talk on your droid?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is just another instant messaging program.....nothing more....

I mean it is handy since EVERYONE here has it and has a google account...so you can IM anyone as long as you get their gmail address

iPirate

Reaction score
It is "worth it" to me. A lot of my friends have gtalk.

You can use it by running the app, then select the friend you wish to message and send them a message. :icon_ banana:

M

Matth3w

Occasionally I use it. The first time I even realized it existed someone sent me a message and I didn't even know what program it was coming from and couldn't find it to message them back (I had already closed it). But it's decent for GMail users.

HMJB

Reaction score
Is Google talk on the droid worth it?
How do you use it?

I try to use it every chance I get but all my friends are still hanging on to their aim :(
It is real smooth from what I noticed.

Once Gtalk integrates AIM into it fully (it does already in gmail), I ll ditch the 3rd party apps (just got the official aim app with facebook chat)

fredm74

Reaction score
Yes, it's totally worth it. It's like text messaging with your friends but the only difference is that it's FREE. You are not charged for using Gtalk. :)

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My wife and I use it all the time to talk to each other, instead of GV, because it is instant.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
The lack of ability to see when someone is typing a message makes it useless for me...especially for long periods of time.

R1Lover

Reaction score
The lack of ability to see when someone is typing a message makes it useless for me...especially for long periods of time.

If they are typing you a message you will know it when you get it... you can't see this on a txt message... unless your talking about using MSN on your pc... but this is a phone forum and not a pc one... so I'm assuming your talking about an app that does show you who is typing a message on your phone... if so I would like to know what it is.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score

If they are typing you a message you will know it when you get it... you can't see this on a txt message... unless your talking about using MSN on your pc... but this is a phone forum and not a pc one... so I'm assuming your talking about an app that does show you who is typing a message on your phone... if so I would like to know what it is.

I am fully aware of the difference between a chat and a text. It is google chat (or talk) not google text.

Blackberry chat allows you to see when someone is typing a message, which, at last check, was a phone also, not a PC.

cisco0910

Reaction score

I am fully aware of the difference between a chat and a text. It is google chat (or talk) not google text.

Blackberry chat allows you to see when someone is typing a message, which, at last check, was a phone also, not a PC.
if you are chatting with somebody via google talk on your pc, you can see the other person typing. you can't on your phone.