Google Talk Widget

DylC32A

Reaction score
Quick and simple: is it possible to add a Google Talk widget to the home screen on the Droid? I can't find it under 'add widget' and I don't know how else to do it. Thanks in advance.

And I do apologize for the noobish question :).

JamesX

Reaction score
Not sure it is a wedget, but you can add it as a shortcut.

Either Press and Hold "Google Talk" Icon in the App list, it will pop it to the homepage.

or Press and Hold an empty spot on "homepage" select "Short cuts" then "Apps" and then select Google Talk to achieve the same thing.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I think you might be referring to Google Voice, which is different than Google Talk. I don't think Google Talk requires an invite at this point.

edit: hmmm, the post that I was referring to in the above text has mysteriously vanished.

I don't know of any google talk widgets, but I do know that when you receive a google talk message, you will be notified if you have your settings right. You can then just tap the notification and you'll open the google talk app.

OP
D

DylC32A

Reaction score
I apologize, I meant shortcut on the home screen, not widget. Still familiarizing myself with the terminology.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I think you might be referring to Google Voice, which is different than Google Talk. I don't think Google Talk requires an invite at this point.

edit: hmmm, the post that I was referring to in the above text has mysteriously vanished.

I don't know of any google talk widgets, but I do know that when you receive a google talk message, you will be notified if you have your settings right. You can then just tap the notification and you'll open the google talk app.

Yup, I mysteriously vanished it the moment I posted it as I realized my error, which you correctly point out. Sorry about that.