Google Talk

mwright13

Reaction score
Hey so i got my phone all setup with both my personal and work gmail accounts. Google Talk is working via my personal login, but I am trying to figure out how to signin to my work account for Google Talk. My workplace requires us to be logged into Google Talk and keep it updated with status and what not. Does anyone know how to switch my login that is active with Google Talk on my Droid?

Thanks for anyhelp!

rjenkins

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I setup my DROID with the gmail login I use for Google Voice. However, my primary personal email account is a google apps account. Now I can't get Google Talk to recognize my google apps account b/c it defaults to the first one I set up. Anyone have a clue how to get GoogleTalk working with a google apps login without having to do a factory reset on the phone to make it the primary account?

Thanks,
Ryan

mitchell

Reaction score
I'm gonna bump this because I am having this problem. Has anyone figured out how to fix this or is it fixable yet?

rjenkins

Reaction score
Mitchell - I ended up doing a factory reset on mine and logged in with my google apps account to force the switchover. I had a lemon phone that kept rebooting anyway, so I actually took mine back to Verizon and got a new one today.

I looked in this forum and androidforum.com and couldn't find a way to do it without a factory reset. The Droid backs up your contacts and installed apps based on your primary login, so I doubt there is a way to switch primary accounts without a factory reset.

-RJ

mitchell

Reaction score
Mitchell - I ended up doing a factory reset on mine and logged in with my google apps account to force the switchover. I had a lemon phone that kept rebooting anyway, so I actually took mine back to Verizon and got a new one today.

I looked in this forum and androidforum.com and couldn't find a way to do it without a factory reset. The Droid backs up your contacts and installed apps based on your primary login, so I doubt there is a way to switch primary accounts without a factory reset.

-RJ

Thanks man, I guess for now I will leave it and see if they ever come out with a fix for it. I wanna wait a bit before I have to reset it. I appreciate your response. Good luck with your new phone -Mitchell