Google Talk Service

InfiniteLoop

Reaction score
When I go to settings and look at running services, I always see Google Talk. Since I don't use this application, if I remember I'll force it to stop. Does this service consume much of the battery to make it worth stopping? If so, is there a way to prevent this service from running when the droid is turned on?

Last edited:

bacalao

Reaction score
Don't think so. Same goes for corporate calendar, alarm clock... Don't sweat it. Hasn't slowed my phone down and I haven't turn my phone off in >200 hours. Coming from Storm where every kb of memory counted, I had to just block out of my mind at first!

OP
InfiniteLoop

InfiniteLoop

Reaction score
Don't think so. Same goes for corporate calendar, alarm clock... Don't sweat it. Hasn't slowed my phone down and I haven't turn my phone off in >200 hours. Coming from Storm where every kb of memory counted, I had to just block out of my mind at first!

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I go to settings and look at running services, I always see Google Talk. Since I don't use this application, if I remember I'll force it to stop. Does this service consume much of the battery to make it worth stopping? If so, is there a way to prevent this service from running when the droid is turned on?
You can always go into the settings for Google Talk and disable the auto sign in option.
It's not gonna stop the app from running however, but it's not gonna affect phone performance.