Do you keep your SD if you return your phone?

InfiniteClouds

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sold on the phone yet and I was wondering... If I return it and pay the restocking fee can I do so without the SIM card? My old phone is a Droid 4 so I'd like to keep the new NANO Sim since well... It would make it easier to use the best buy upgrade method if I decide to repurchase the turbo.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If the sd card came with it you must return it. Otherwise they will charge you for it. The fee they will charge is higher than the retail value at your local Best Buy.

OP
I

InfiniteClouds

Reaction score
Retail value of what at best buy...? The SIM... you can buy a SIM at bestbuy? Who activates it?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
There's a difference between the SIM card and the SD card, which are you actually referring to?

S5 tap'n

OP
I

InfiniteClouds

Reaction score
Ugh, sorry. Just realized and fixed my typo in the original post. I'm talking about the SIM card... Turbo had no SD.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ugh, sorry. Just realized and fixed my typo in the original post. I'm talking about the SIM card... Turbo had no SD.
And since I didn't know what phone you were referring to I assumed you were talking about one that had a SD slot. You can probably keep the SIM, since they are free...

1coopgt

Reaction score
You can keep the SD card from the phone you are trading in. When I traded in the Razr I took the SD card out in front of the girl and she didn't say anything . Then I hit the FDR button on the phone and handed it over .