Do you go naked?

Mmracing

Reaction score
I too like the phone naked but I hated all the finger prints and I was afraid of beating up the back of the phone when laying it down. So I bought the clear snap on case. I can still see its beauty but don't have to be concerned with scratching it up. It almost sounds like a beautiful woman in a baggie. LOL

rook

Reaction score
Whenever I buy a case for a phone, I get rid of it after a week or two. So I'm staying naked with the Droid.

lauriep

Reaction score
Naked in a belt clip pouch. I use both docks and don't want to have to mess with a case before inserting the phone.

marmst

Reaction score
I bought the plastic clear case from Verizon. I thought about going naked until i saw all the scratches on the plastic case... then decided against it.

catsailr

Reaction score
I like going naked too, except in a briar patch. I bought the case from Verizon when I bought my Droid, but have problems trying to get the phone out of the case when it rings. Also, the belt clip is just a slip over and comes off rather easy. I went in Lowes the other day and missed by phone. Luckily it was lying in my car seat. Haven't used the case since. I just keep it in my shirt pocket now.

carbine

Reaction score
I use this rubber snap-on case I got from Verizon the day I got my Droid. I haven't had a problem with it yet. After seeing the video for how scratch-resistant the screen is I took off my crappy screen protector. It stays in its own pocket anyways. I've always had this thing with keeping sharp objects (Knife, keys, knife sharpener...) in a pocket away from stuff like MP3 players and phones.

I actually used to have a Otterbox for my Pearl after dropping my first Pearl and cracking the screen. Whoops!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nekkid. Although Im ocnstantly checking for scuffs and scratches. Even with the BB black tie protection LOL.
No sooner did I type this I got a slight surface scratch on the upper left corner of the face. Left of the ear piece. I think it was from the mrs. accidentaly trying to put it in the GPS dock the wrong way. Its not really noticeable, unless you have OCD like me LOL. Anybody know of good surface scratch remedies?

I got a nick on the left side edge of the screen bezel, some suggest a small dot of black paint, I myself just runa black sharpie over it every so often (you would think it is perm, but oils from your hands ...)

For what they did, why didnt moto make the bezel out of black metal itself? I would have paid for that... Hey! 3rd party developers! Here's your chance! But I demand royalties :)

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
the main thing i worry about is how easy it may or may not be to crack the glass screen. we have all seen the video of the guy taking the key to it and it not scratching one bit, but glass will definitely crack if hit hard enough. either way, a case or screen protector won't prevent this any. if it's hit hard enough or dropped from enough distance the screen may still crack.

This was reportedly only a 2 foot drop..

PC171628-550x412.jpg

BUT, it still works, even the touchscreen....

PC1116261-550x412.jpg

Article here.. My First Fallen Droid… | Android Phone Fans

imiller913

Reaction score
the main thing i worry about is how easy it may or may not be to crack the glass screen. we have all seen the video of the guy taking the key to it and it not scratching one bit, but glass will definitely crack if hit hard enough. either way, a case or screen protector won't prevent this any. if it's hit hard enough or dropped from enough distance the screen may still crack.

This was reportedly only a 2 foot drop..

PC171628-550x412.jpg

BUT, it still works, even the touchscreen....

PC1116261-550x412.jpg

Article here.. My First Fallen Droid… | Android Phone Fans

WOW that sucks at least it stillworks, but that crazy!!

boatman2220

Reaction score
I've followed this thread with some interest because I've noticed people dropping their Droid and commenting about having to fix a boo-boo. Myself I think I'm ahead since I paid full price by using a screen protector and a hard case. Any scratches or dings, just replace that and I don't worry about a battery cover coming off.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Wait until you get a big nasty scratch on that beauty? lol Just saying, the case at least protects what you got and u can admire the beauty when you know she's safe. lol I got bit of a OCD and I cant stand getting scratches on anything... Thast's just me. I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

Agreed. I'm not made of money. Even though I have the insurance, being such a pricey phone, I would definitely like as much extra protection as I can get. :)

y2kgtp

Reaction score
Anyone use a vinyl skin? I have one on my current (soon to be retired) LG Voyager as I did not like the bulk of the plastic snap on case.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another member of the DNC (Droid Nudist Camp). :)

tracylee

Reaction score
Naked so far, but being unemployed, I don't go out much, so it sits beside my laptop all day.

I'll check out cases at the kiosk and store in the mall when we go down there today. I need to get a headset adapter anyway.

I had a belt clip for a previous phone and had it on my purse when it came off and I lost it at a restaurant. I discovered it missing right away, but we'd forgotten that we changed booths, so we searched the wrong booth for it. Insurance to the rescue once again.