Do you go naked?

MadDroidTX

Reaction score
Nekkid. Although Im ocnstantly checking for scuffs and scratches. Even with the BB black tie protection LOL.

kevin1016

Reaction score
Naked. The question kinda reminds me of visiting my friend's house as a child and seeing their parent's couch all covered in plastic. I just can't wrap my mind around that logic (or lack thereof).

khelek

Reaction score
I was naked...but not from lack of wanting a case. Just hadn't found one that looked effective and was inexpensive (I mean, really, $29 for something that a kid in a third-world country made for $.03?). I did not like any of the "hard covers" that I saw, and hadn't seen the silicone that's supposedly available.

That all changed in the mall where I saw one of those cell kiosks, and just for giggles I thought I'd see what they had. They had some generic pseudo-soft cover case for $14.99. It seemed to fit and I liked the look, so I was considering it. Then she told me that if I bought 2, she would give me 10% off and sell them to me for $25.

Her lack of basic math skills sold me and I brought home two :)

And I'm still as paranoid and OCD about it as ever.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why buy such an ecstatically beautiful piece of equipment and then cover it up?
'Cause it ain't so pretty after kissing the concrete.

I'm not really a case person either but it really depends on the case. Some of Vja's, for example, are very nice. However, I tend to go with a holster while at work and with just a screen/body protector the rest of the time.

It's a subjective matter. The beauty of the device is as well.

I had a bestbuy guy put an IS on my screen for me and after a week the corners were peeling up and it got gross underneath. Waste of 25 bucks in my opinion.
Guess it's another YMMV thing. I've never had an IS last less than a year or so. When the corners start to peel I have them replace it.

The question kinda reminds me of visiting my friend's house as a child and seeing their parent's couch all covered in plastic. I just can't wrap my mind around that logic (or lack thereof).
You know, there's absolutely no chance of me dropping my couch while I'm out and about with it in my hand on a day-to-day basis...

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I use my Verizon Shell/Holster Combo at work and during outdoor activities where the Droid could get scratched or damaged, BUT when I go out on the town etc, my Droid goes naked and slips into soft lined Bergamo Leather Case.. Best of both worlds! :)

LBERP.jpg

OMEGA5

Reaction score
I keep mine in a case at work (outdoor physical job as a refueler at an airport), but when at home I leave it out of the case, I also have to have it out of the case to put it in the dock anyways.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Case for me since i throw my phone around and put in my pocket. :D i have a screen protector on also. i got it from vzw. i put it on myself it was easy but not easy as cake. lol. i had to trim the corner to make it fit. who knew. =/

Erich_F

Reaction score
Nekid here, too. I use the home dock and car mount a lot, and carry it in a nice leather Case Logic belt-clip case, so it's always secured in something rather than just floating around. So, no need or want for a skin case. I do use the InvisiShield, though, for the screen only.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Nope, got the hard cover case with belt clip. It's thin enough to use in the clip or put in the leather case. With battery pulls a thing of the past, no reason not to put a cover on it.

DebDroid

Reaction score
After having to struggle to take that dang body glove case off, it's naked for me. I got stuck on a call, phone would not respond to buttons etc and had to pull battery. Almost broke my phone trying to get the case off!

DaHarder

Reaction score
I have yet to find a single DROID case that didn't look bulky and awkward., so my solution was to simply paint my DROID.

I used a mixture of platinum pearl, metal-flake, and Imron clear to create a 'tough as nails' exterior finish with a slightly textured surface (similar to my Sony X1000) so as to make the handset considerably more 'grip-able'.

Just for kicks, I added a gold stripe and finished 25% of the back in Imron Gloss Black.

It's been extremely durable, and keeps my DROID from looking like anyone else's.

Yes, I know it's an 'extreme' solution, but many consider me a rather 'extreme' guy - LOL!​

Mayze

Reaction score
Naked. No sense in worrying about it since I have insurance and I'm only going to have it for a year. Annual upgrades FTW!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I have yet to find a single DROID case that didn't look bulky and awkward., so my solution was to simply paint my DROID.​

I used a mixture of platinum pearl, metal-flake, and Imron clear to create a 'tough as nails' exterior finish with a slightly textured surface (similar to my Sony X1000) so as to make the handset considerably more 'grip-able'.​

Just for kicks, I added a gold stripe and finished 25% of the back in Imron Gloss Black.​

It's been extremely durable, and keeps my DROID from looking like anyone else's.​

Yes, I know it's an 'extreme' solution, but many consider me a rather 'extreme' guy - LOL!​

Very cool, BUT would make for an interesting warranty exchange/replacement claim! It would suck after all that work if you had to have it replaced for some problem!!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice solution!

I'm naked as well, had one tiny nick at left edge of screen, which for me means it is good to go (kinda like after you find that first scratch on your new car), now I don't worry about it too much. :)

Besides every so often I touch it with a Sharpie black, and it becomes invisable for a few days of handling hehehe.

I use a dock, and the VZ pouch. I also use my jacket pockets, nicely lined (nothing to scratch it) to hold it in the car for quick pull out access.

I will get some sort of car holder, but prefer one without the magnet, which would be my solution for having full functionality in the car - to me it wasn't needed, if you want nav, just hit car home ... In fact it boggled me that we ever needed dockrunner, Moto should have put that in as well as car home ...

tktouch12

Reaction score
static screen protector, and i cant decide between an invisible shield (i'm really good at putting them on) or the clear hard case from verizon