Do You Go Naked or Case the Maxx HD?

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Well? Naked or case on your Maxx HD and why?

I've gone naked with my D2G for the past 22 months with no problems. Slight scratching on the backside, perfect gorilla glass on the front.

If you have a case, which one did you get?

shadesofthesun

Reaction score
Gel case from verizon no screen cover. Had my DROID x for 2yrs and never had a scratch on the screen. Its in my pocket with the occasional keys. I might get the otter box defender when it comes available just to check it out.

carlosthejackal

Reaction score
No case. Droid X was fine for over 2 years without. Keeps it thin and smooth. People complain about a small lip on the bezel and then put a case on. (Smooth is not an advantage, though, when it's in your suit coat and slips out into the toilet like happened to a blackberry once.)

dan.dar

Reaction score
Always without the case. I bought two phones on ebay before getting this one as an upgrade and both ebay phones came inside cases. Those cases immediately went bye bye. I hate how they change the look. They make the phone look clunky and ugly. Thanks but no thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I typically go with an otter box defender. I only have a silicone case on right now, with a screen protector...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It is.. I saw it on the otter box site... 50$ for the defender for the maxx HD... I don't think I saw a "coming soon" on it...

tkileh

Reaction score
Driztronic is coming out with a matte tpu care today for 9 dollars that's half as thin ad the verizon tpu. I like the verizon one but matte is the way to go for no fingerprints ;)

Maxx HD

tkileh

Reaction score
a6ujajen.jpg

Maxx HD

TripL

Reaction score
I have always used my Droids (D1 & D2) naked as moto/verizon made a nice belt holster I could use with the phone naked and I never had an issue. I'm unable to find a holster for my MAXX HD that doesn't require a case so I bought the moto/verizon one from their website and I like it a lot but would still prefer to be naked if they would make a proper belt holster for it :D

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I have always used my Droids (D1 & D2) naked as moto/verizon made a nice belt holster I could use with the phone naked and I never had an issue. I'm unable to find a holster for my MAXX HD that doesn't require a case so I bought the moto/verizon one from their website and I like it a lot but would still prefer to be naked if they would make a proper belt holster for it :D

I been using one like THIS and love it (actually got it for the GNex and it fit the Maxx and now Maxx HD perfectly).

I too like my phones naked for every day use, but when I need protection I thow it in an OtterBox.

TripL

Reaction score
I been using one like THIS and love it (actually got it for the GNex and it fit the Maxx and now Maxx HD perfectly).

I too like my phones naked for every day use, but when I need protection I thow it in an OtterBox.
Thanks nice find!! That's one of the few leather ones I've seen that has the ratcheting clip which it a must for me. The price is right too I'm going to pick one up and give it a try. :icon_cool:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Thanks nice find!! That's one of the few leather ones I've seen that has the ratcheting clip which it a must for me. The price is right too I'm going to pick one up and give it a try. :icon_cool:

Yeah, I was skeptical when I grabbed it a while back, but figured for the price how can I go wrong?! For 9 bucks you can't beat it! And it functions really well ...

hotice

Reaction score
<rant>I've been using PDA's for about 15 years. Cases are useless. They get in the way, make the phone larger, or uglier. Especially when you have a phone as well made as the Razr/Maxx HD there is no need for a case. You're going to get some scratches here and there but that's part of the game. What's the difference between getting the scratch on your phone or on the case if you have the case on the thing all the time anyway?!?!? The phone will last the life of your contract. Let it look as good as it was designed to! Don't waste money on a case!!!! </rant>