Do You Go Naked or Case the Maxx HD?

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Maybe they made an exception because it was cracked on the inside and not cracked on the outside glass. If the break was due to a dropped phone, it would seem that the outside glass should be broke, not the inside. He guessed it cracked from flexing while it was in his pants pocket and he bent over. My opinion is if the inside glass breaks, it should be covered under warranty. I am guessing that typically Verizon doesn't cover that but I think they should, imo.

Since ur on this subject for second.u think Verizon would replace a iphone(its under warranty)theres no cracked screen or anything but it broke in half(example:like how u pop a hard case apart to take off ur phone n slap a new one on)whatever was holdin it inside broke apart.like a lil ledge piece or somethin..my step daughters phone,dnt know what she did but iam takin her phone away frm her,due to other reasons.

RAZR215unrooted

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Put a case on mine. The trim around the screen is plastic (defeats the purpose of the kevlar back in my opinion). First day I had it, it fell off my desk at work while charging onto carpeting and the bezel dented. I got the case from the VZ store w/ mount clip. Threw away the mount clip portion.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
i was going to go naked until a good case that i wanted come out but its looking really really good naked. im thinking of keeping it caseless.

johnlc19

Reaction score
I was standing in line at Home Depot and looking at cases for my Maxx HD and dropped my phone less than five minutes later. Screen shattered! A case is a must if your clumsy like me! :angry:

Archangelxtc

Reaction score
I had a case on my last phone (Incredible) and it saved me a couple of times when it dropped/fell but the Maxx HD is such a good looking device that I'm keeping it naked for the time being. I like how thin it is and putting a case on it would just make it more difficult to get in/out of my pants pocket.

Christopher112

Reaction score
I purchased this case: Incipio Feather Ultra Thin Light Case Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD | eBay

I haven't received it yet, but I like the form fitting hard case... it should keep the phone slim and give it a little protection still. I know its not as good as some of the otterboxes, but I don't want to give up the slim quality of the phone.

I bought that case and received it a couple of days ago.. So far so good. Its slim and nice looking. It certainly won't protect it from a hard fall like an otterbox, but it should prevent some basic scratches and light falls.

S

shooting

Well? Naked or case on your Maxx HD and why?

I've gone naked with my D2G for the past 22 months with no problems. Slight scratching on the backside, perfect gorilla glass on the front.

If you have a case, which one did you get?
I think you'd better have a case, which will offer a protection for your phone well.

Reaction score
hotice said:
Great point. I'm sorry for the rant. There are many good reasons to have a case as you (desert traveling) and others (resale value for instance) have mentioned.

I do want to encourage others to consider not using a case because I think many get one just because they think they need one for some reason. I think many may enjoy their smartphone more without the case and really have no need for it. I think many devices, like the Razr HD and the Galaxy S3, look better without them and, even if it's not by much, they're smaller without them.

Thank you for calling me on my pride and bad attitude. There was no reason for that.

I had the GS3 for a little while and that one NEEDS a case. The phone is so thin and light and plastic feeling that it feels like you're going to snap it in two just by using it. At least that's the way it felt to me. I ended up trading it for the Maxx HD because of the poor signal the Samsung was getting in my area. So far I am LOVING the Max HD, and the only protection I plan on using is a ZAGG Invisible Shield HD when it becomes available for this phone. Got one on the GS3 when I picked it up and it was very impressive.

ejcrossl

Reaction score
RAZR MAXX HD, 2 weeks old. Already has 2 scratches in the screen just from putting it in and out of my pocket. Nothing else in the pocket w/ the phone. Never dropped.

mgrande

Reaction score
I went forever with a naked DROIDX. Got nothing on my new HD maxx and its staying that way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did get a case for my Droid 1 in 2010. I did put a screen protector on it. After a few weeks....I took both off and have let all my phones go naked ever since.

I dont really sell my old phones so I dont care if they get beat up and scratched up.