Do I move to Iphone?

digrega

Reaction score
I'm not an expert on droid OS whatever the version but I bought the Rzr Maxx because I liked the way it looked and worked. I liked the screen size, the battery life etc...
I was happly working my basic functions such as USB connection to my computer, syncing my songs, my contacts and all of a sudden the update to 4.0 (ICS) is applied and none of the above work anymore.
1- No more USB
2- when I try to play songs it tells me the computer is offline (Whaaaat the He11 is that!!!???)
3- I read these threads and get even more confused about Rooting and Bricking, I know what a brick does but why do I have to root a new device to have it do what it was designed to do??

To make things even worse I take the phone to a Verizon store and they look at me like I have two heads.

My question is: is there a place where I can take the phone and I get it back working? I'm talking basic stuff like i mentioned, or do i try to move to a different BRICK

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would not jump ship to the root of all that is evil in this world just yet. They have an update coming out for the Razr that should make it much more pleasant for you, I am on the leaked .215 update and my phone runs better than it did on Gingerbread.

The update should be out in the next month hopefully, or you can install the leaked OS yourself and don't even have to be rooted.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know this doesn't make it all ok, but have you tried a factory reset? Those are some weird little bugs your experiencing - unless I'm misinterpreting, in which case please elaborate some more! :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I know this doesn't make it all ok, but have you tried a factory reset? Those are some weird little bugs your experiencing - unless I'm misinterpreting, in which case please elaborate some more! :)

I did a factory reset before and after the install of the initial ICS and the leaked update, and both times it makes it run much smoother. OP I would definitely try that as well if you have not already.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And sometimes... with the razr.. I've had to do two fdr's in a row. . The reason is that after one the favorites pull down wouldn't work correctly. So i started doing two in a row.

You don't have to, but it takes another couple of minutes and it insures a smooth install.

There are those that will argue that...but i say this..android is quirky(one of the things i love about it) and what works for one, may not work for others. :D

OP
D

digrega

Reaction score
Where do I get the leaked update? and can some one please show me the factory reset and what to do before and after it?

hufn

Reaction score
You don't want to switch. I have had android since the D1 and an iPad for about a year and a half. I thought I wanted an iPhone as android can be so very annoying.... However, I have a 4s in my pocket, which will be someone else's soon (long story) but, you would not believe the one thing that iOS does not have.....

Speeddial shortcuts!!! Yes, seriously! It has a favorites list, same as android, but you'd have to open then scroll if you have a lot. It is next to impossible to put a widget on the homescreen (springboard for ios) to dial or text someone. Can you believe that?? Seriously??? Isn't that the point of a phone. To call or text someone?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
digrega said:
Where do I get the leaked update? and can some one please show me the factory reset and what to do before and after it?

Doing a factory data reset will make your phone on ICS run very smooth and fix almost every problem. You will pregnant want to backup texts and call logs and make sure any pics are on your SD card.

As a guide for ideas when backing up and restoring before doing an fdr see: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

To do the fdr, go to your phones settings, privacy, uncheck automatic restore (I do that for the ICS update because I don't want any GB settings messing up with my ICS) and then, when you are certain you have saved and backed up everything you want, hit factory data reset. Do not erase the contents of your internal phone storage unless you have saved both your internal and external SD card to your PC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

amadeuss

Reaction score
I had some minor problems with my RAZR. FDR didn't help too much so I reflashed the OTR ROM. like another user said...works better than GB now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2