What am I doing wrong ???

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Trying to connect my Razr to my computer via usb cable....

it won't connect but it is charging from the computer...

I downloaded MotoHelper_2.0.53_Driver_5.2.0.exe...

I click on that and it looks like it installed, I press the close button and then connect razr to computer via USB and nothing........

What am I doing wrong ???

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Drag your notification bar down and change it to USB instead of charge.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Drag your notification bar down and change it to USB instead of charge.

Dumb question number 2.

I drag the notification bar down and nothing is there except a smart action , so how do I change it ???

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
so now I just got a notice that is an update to the Moto helper, I updated that.

then disconnected the usb from the razr and reconnected..... now my computer says there is a usb device that is not recognized......

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I don't know what this Moto helper you speak of is. As far as I know, it isn't needed.

SANhacker

Reaction score
Whenever you are connected to your computer you should have a "USB Connection" entry in the Notifications pull down.
If you are using windows, download and install the USB drivers here.
If that doesn't work, try a different cable. I've noticed these new phones to be rather finicky about their cables.
Once you do have the USB connection entry, you will be able to select if from the pull down and choose between a number of options. i.e. Charge Only, PC Mode, USB Mass Storage and Windows Media Sync.

Until you get the "USB Connection" notification, you will be stuck on charge only.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Whenever you are connected to your computer you should have a "USB Connection" entry in the Notifications pull down.
If you are using windows, download and install the USB drivers here.
If that doesn't work, try a different cable. I've noticed these new phones to be rather finicky about their cables.
Once you do have the USB connection entry, you will be able to select if from the pull down and choose between a number of options. i.e. Charge Only, PC Mode, USB Mass Storage and Windows Media Sync.

Until you get the "USB Connection" notification, you will be stuck on charge only.

Thank you, THANK YOU !!

It was the cable .......

The Verizon rep told me when I got my phone all the cables from my original Droid would work with the RAZR....

WRONG !!

I dug out the RAZR box and got that usb cable and VIOLA, I can now see usb icon in the notifications bar.

It connects and I can move files back and forth again....

Last question..

When I was done moving files on my OG I had to unmount the phone. Do I have to unmount the RAZR or will it just automatically do that when I disconnect the USB cable ????

IF I do have to unmount can I use the old mount/unmount app or what ???

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Your old cable must be messed up. My old OG Droid cable works with my RAZR too.

As far as unmounting, to be safe, unmount any drive that opens when you connect the RAZR. There should be two of them, one is internal memory and the other is the removeable SD card.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Your old cable must be messed up. My old OG Droid cable works with my RAZR too.

As far as unmounting, to be safe, unmount any drive that opens when you connect the RAZR. There should be two of them, one is internal memory and the other is the removeable SD card.
Right I did get two of them but how do I unmount them???

OK, never mind, the RAZR doesn't have to be unmounted just work through the pc to safely disconnect....

Got it all going fine...

Thanks

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Yup! For others who may not know. In a windows environment: right click the drive and select eject.

jdroid80

Reaction score
I had the same problem using an old USB cable the other night. I have tons of Droid USB cables around, some work, but some don't work correctly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Karlfortier

Reaction score
Same for me. I've put a minisd card in the phone and it worked now.... wierd.

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums