Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, this thread should be closed.

A lot of thankless high-horse folks.

Thanks for coming out.

Naw no need to close unless people start flaming. As I said before the community as a whole need to mature. Hook and a few others touched on people feeling like they are in a different realm cuz they can customize the heck out their phone. But some people can careless about customizing every nook and cranny on their phone. All they want is a device that work. And some of the jailbreaks they have for the iphone is nice. I could understand last year when ipone users did not give droids their due respect, but now android is here and it made igs mark. Let us appreciate what we have. Devs have a donation box support them if you like their work and can afford to. All I am saying is if you have a droid 2 or droid x and you are bashing a dev make sure you get on motorola as well for the work they did with blur. In all seriousness enjoy your device, help build (not tear down) this community. When we all mature as a whole things will get better. But both devs and users need to mature and do a better job respecting each other and uplifting the android community. And leave apple iphone users alone. There are a lot of iphone users who like apple and they are ok with me. Apple is here to stay just like android.

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Any highschool grad can learn how to fix my phone in a short time...
Hell I know hs dropouts who can do this stuff. I can't... I know this... i also cant fix my car...but all this talk like they deserve a ticker tape parade because they can make a phone look cool....pssshhh, nothing a 16 yo gamer couldn't do....therefore....no respect for anything more than a minimum waged skillset I haven't bothered to learn deserves

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

Honestly dude it's a lot more complicated than that. I'm 17 years old with about 10 years of programming experience under my belt. Theming isn't easy and neither is cooking roms. A lot of the devs do deserve a parade just for the amount of time it takes to learn to do this stuff. I would really like to see you learn how to do these things, especially the arcane things I've been working on. Also, if you do please hit me up I need the help.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
If you can justify not respecting someone for their work merely because there will always be someone to take their place, then you have a sad outlook. That's exactly the same as not caring what you do because you won't be alive to see the results in 100 years.

And at the same time you come here and gladly scoop up anything you want for free to make your "luxury" look and perform better.

I don't know Matt either but it's not about him. It's about appreciation, which is sorely needed these days. This thread makes me sick.

Gritwater

Reaction score
Honestly dude it's a lot more complicated than that. I'm 17 years old with about 10 years of programming experience under my belt. Theming isn't easy and neither is cooking roms. A lot of the devs do deserve a parade just for the amount of time it takes to learn to do this stuff. I would really like to see you learn how to do these things, especially the arcane things I've been working on. Also, if you do please hit me up I need the help.

So.....you have been programming since you were 7?

yeah... I'm going to call BS on this and point out that aliasxerog is exactly what I'm talking about...

17 y.o. skillsets, while they may be the beginning of something a lot greater, are not anything to get worked up about today. Anything a non-graduate can do with expertise really isn't anything to get worked up about. Just because I can't drive a garbage truck, doesn't mean I have to worship the ground my h/s dropout garbage man walks on. Just because I chose to occupy my time with something more productive, and I don't know how to write an app, doesn't mean a person doing something a highschool kid can do deserves my undieing devotion, respect and admiration.

And when aliasxodupoasidjfpoadsiuf graduates, washes out, or realizes that his skillset he possesses doesn't really matter, he'll post his "I want to spend time with my family and so I quit" post, and another 17 y.o. with 10 years experience :rolleyes: will take his spot, leaving me without noticing his absence.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

yeah... I'm going to call BS on this and point out that aliasxerog is exactly what I'm talking about...

17 y.o. skillsets, while they may be the beginning of something a lot greater, are not anything to get worked up about today. Anything a non-graduate can do with expertise really isn't anything to get worked up about. Just because I can't drive a garbage truck, doesn't mean I have to worship the ground my h/s dropout garbage man walks on. Just because I chose to occupy my time with something more productive, and I don't know how to write an app, doesn't mean a person doing something a highschool kid can do deserves my undieing devotion, respect and admiration.

And when aliasxodupoasidjfpoadsiuf graduates, washes out, or realizes that his skillset he possesses doesn't really matter, he'll post his "I want to spend time with my family and so I quit" post, and another 17 y.o. with 10 years experience :rolleyes: will take his spot, leaving me without noticing his absence.

you are really crossing the line of being totally disrespectful. There is no need for that. Post it in a forum where they don't care about being civil. That's not what we are about here. Who are you to call someone out on what they have or haven't done?

Gritwater

Reaction score
If you can justify not respecting someone for their work merely because there will always be someone to take their place, then you have a sad outlook. That's exactly the same as not caring what you do because you won't be alive to see the results in 100 years.

And at the same time you come here and gladly scoop up anything you want for free to make your "luxury" look and perform better.

I don't know Matt either but it's not about him. It's about appreciation, which is sorely needed these days. This thread makes me sick.

you call it sad, I call it realistic. I gladly scoop up anything I want for free because I am entitled to it by owning a smartphone. I paid for that privaledge.... I take advantage of it and dont feel guilty one bit because some dev got his feelings hurt because he didn't get held up to God-like status like he believed he should.

Gritwater

Reaction score

you are really crossing the line of being totally disrespectful. There is no need for that. Post it in a forum where they don't care about being civil. That's not what we are about here. Who are you to call someone out on what they have or haven't done?

no it's not... it's telling why I don't think devs are Gods among men. alias.... sounds like a smart kid... but still a kid. And there are plenty more smart kids that can do exactly what he's doing. It's like being good at Madden 2k11. A teenager would dominate me in that game, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be worshiped. It simply means I have a real job, and he doesn't and plays games (or in this case) makes apps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think this thread has changed from it's original purpose to a debate on whether or not its OK to take shots at devs and be disrespectful.

I'm going to close this thread at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.