Informationweek: Droid devs unhappy

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Sorry i do not believe this report at all, if im a developer of apps then its a no brainer who i will develop them for at the moment, its simple you go where the work is.

Mongoose

Reaction score
I suspect the report is probably accurate...BUT...a developer is a developer by choice..and they wouldn't exist without the phone or the consumer base that goes with that phone....If I had the "cool phone of the moment"...I'd look at the snivelling developer and say take it someplace else...if you dont want to develop it someone else will...and thats pretty much the way it is. There certainly isn't any shortage of developers. I wish there were a lot less so that the markets wouldn't be so junked up.

The good phones will rise to the top regardless of apps, simply because it's a phone..not an app...although I suspect there may be a reversing of that thought process...pretty soon one will buy a "application device" of which 2 or 3 way communication is simply another app...kind of like some are saying...the iPhone is an iPod with a phone app"....LOL. :icon_ devil:

jmacal83

Reaction score
After reading this, It is just one developer that is complaing about this...i have not heard or read about any other developers complaining about how difficult it is to develop apps for the android os. Plus Android market has been out for only for one year...give it time.

LordKastle

Reaction score
More like 2 months...if developers expected to make a killing in a T-Mobile only market then they were delusional. Now with the power of Verizon (more so than any other) and other carriers, the potential exists.

papy72

Reaction score
There are problems with the design of the market, not the actual apps so much. For example like I said in another thread... type in "Widgit"... no results show up.

An average consumer might say hey, let me search for random widgits and nothing will come up. I am sure this type of issue will be resolved as a whole soon enough.

Maybe because it's spelled "Widget?" :)
But isn't that the whole point - a decent search engine will look at "widgit" and be able to figure out that you just misspelled widget.

LordKastle

Reaction score
This is another reason why I look forward to seeing what Motorola comes up with in their market and how its set up. Unfortunately it won't help with other devices not Motorola branded (I assume?) but we all know "the" Droid at the moment has the highest profit potential out of all Droid devices due to the amount sales in the past month and a half.

Last edited: