Disable OTA update notification in Apex v1

doomgazer

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately I started getting the notification that the .340 update is available and my phone keeps bugging me to install it. Problem is, I need to revert back to stock and I don't want to do that right now.

I'm running Apex v1 and was wondering what apps I need to disable in order to prevent the update notification from constantly appearing. I've tried renaming otacerts.zip and Upgrader.apk with no success.

chumunga

Reaction score
same here I'm on Droid with bugless beast v.05 I already went to system/etc/secuurity and rename the .zip file to .zip.Baker and I still get notified like a hundred times a day

jhanford

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately I started getting the notification that the .340 update is available and my phone keeps bugging me to install it. Problem is, I need to revert back to stock and I don't want to do that right now.

I'm running Apex v1 and was wondering what apps I need to disable in order to prevent the update notification from constantly appearing. I've tried renaming otacerts.zip and Upgrader.apk with no success.

Not sure why you would want to wait (I'm sure you have your reasons), but the process was painless for me.

- If you have Titanium Backup, do a backup of all your USER applications (not SYSTEM applications). If you don't have it, get it or something similar
- SBF to stock 2.3.15.
- Accept OTA
- Root and install recovery
- Install ApeX 1.3.1
- Restore user apps from backup

Whole process would be about two hours

Then you'd be on ApeX 1.3.1 and marvelling at speed increases over 1.0 :)

OP
D

doomgazer

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the process itself, however I use my phone for business so I can't just kill it for two hours and dink around whenever I want. I usually try to slate about 3 hours to get it done.

I'd just like to disable the OTA nag screen for the time being.

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
I actually reverted back to stock, downloaded the OTA and re-rooted. Still get OTA notification and says it fails.

Reaction score
Check your system info and see if you are actually on the OTA or not. I'm not sure what sort of bugs can happen with the OTA, I got to .340 via a full .320 sbf, then the .340 system sbf for a completely fresh start.

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
Check your system info and see if you are actually on the OTA or not. I'm not sure what sort of bugs can happen with the OTA, I got to .340 via a full .320 sbf, then the .340 system sbf for a completely fresh start.

Actually, that is on my wifes phone. I just picked up a replacement X yesterday with the 340 already on it from the factory. Rooted and installed Apex, still getting OTA notes, with a message saying it failed.

OP
D

doomgazer

Reaction score
I just bit the bullet and upgraded. Problem solved.. at least until the next OTA.

hyperlite

Reaction score
Has anyone discovered an answer to this? My dads X is on .15, stock, rooted, but the update fails even after a 2.3.15 SBF, so we're taking his phone in...but in the mean time, a way to disable the notifications would be great.

On another note, i've NEVER heard of an OTA just "failing." After telling it to install, the phone reboots into the andy+box screen and the bar gets about 1/4 of the way over and the box changes to the ! and reboots. I'm rather puzzled about this.