Where is the OTA update located on the phone??

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by GatorBait1996, Dec 23, 2010.

1. GatorBait1996

GatorBait1996 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help - Can anyone tell me where the OTA update downloads? I just got my DX a few weeks ago or less, I rooted and installed chveyno1's ROM, before I could rename the upgrader.apk and otacerts.zip to .bak to stop the OTA update from asking, the phone downloaded the update during the evening at some point because I wasn't fast enough to choose "Later", now I get an annoying popup every 12 hours asking me to upgrade. I want to rename that download to .bak and see if that will stop the nagging.

I know .340 has been rooted by z4root, I am not interested in that right now, I want to wait until either chevyno1 puts out a new ROM for .340 or I find another ROM I like that also uses .340

If anyone knows where the download lives and can tell me, I would really appreciate it.

And NO, it does not download to the root of the SD card as update.zip, that is the update.zip file from chevyno1 for his ROM that I put there myself.

2. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it lives somewhere unreachable...hence why you need to motobomb to get the file for later use.

EDIT: alternatively, if you have clockworkmod recovery (bootstrapper) installed, when you attempt to install the ota, it should be blocked and then not prompt you again...that's what they say anyway

Search tags for this page
android ota update.zip download location
android ota updates download location
downloaded galaxy s4 verizon ota update where is it stored?
file location on galaxy s3 where ota update can be found

ota download location

ota update android zip file location
where does my phone save ota at
where does ota update save

where is ota update stored android

where is the ota file stored