Where is the OTA update located on the phone??

GatorBait1996

Reaction score
Help - Can anyone tell me where the OTA update downloads? I just got my DX a few weeks ago or less, I rooted and installed chveyno1's ROM, before I could rename the upgrader.apk and otacerts.zip to .bak to stop the OTA update from asking, the phone downloaded the update during the evening at some point because I wasn't fast enough to choose "Later", now I get an annoying popup every 12 hours asking me to upgrade. I want to rename that download to .bak and see if that will stop the nagging.

I know .340 has been rooted by z4root, I am not interested in that right now, I want to wait until either chevyno1 puts out a new ROM for .340 or I find another ROM I like that also uses .340

If anyone knows where the download lives and can tell me, I would really appreciate it.

And NO, it does not download to the root of the SD card as update.zip, that is the update.zip file from chevyno1 for his ROM that I put there myself.

maderschramm

Reaction score
I think it lives somewhere unreachable...hence why you need to motobomb to get the file for later use.

EDIT: alternatively, if you have clockworkmod recovery (bootstrapper) installed, when you attempt to install the ota, it should be blocked and then not prompt you again...that's what they say anyway