1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Did I lose root?

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by xoluvsdance12, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoluvsdance12

xoluvsdance12 New Member

My phone got kinda slow recently and kept force closing a lot so I decided I wanted to take a break from ROMs and go back to stock rom. I used Rom Manager to go back to stock, and it said you could have rooted/unrooted choice. I chose to have superuser, which would keep root, right? Well now I want to go back to a Rom, but it's not letting me. And when I go into titanium backup, it says I don't have root access? Is there a way to tell if I do or not? And do you have any links on good directions how to get root back?
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

You can verify by:

Open terminal emulator
    Type in $ and if turns to # you still have root.

When you boot into recovery do you have the triangle with the exclaimination mark you have the stock recovery.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Please do not cross post. I left your thread in the Hacking section open and closing this thread.

Mike
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.