Did anyone else NOT get the update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhall238

Reaction score
I'm still waiting too. I didnt manually update because I didn't want to brick my phone, and now I have read a bunch of people having the OTA brick their droid. Its going to really suck if I get the OTA on the last possible day and it messes up my phone. If it does, I hope to at least get a Droid X out of the trouble!

I'm waiting too for pretty much the same reasons, although there is plenty of information here about how to do it safely. I have not heard or read of anyone getting the OTA and having their phone die, but I could have missed it. If that were the case, I believe Verizon would make it right. Maybe I'm naive.

Edited for spelling.

ruinah

Reaction score
We have 5 of them here at work, one is rooted (me) and out of the other 4, only 1 got the update last week. The others haven't seen anything yet.

JePiNaY

Reaction score
I'm still waiting as well, but I guess we could really start worrying after the 18th. lol

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not for me yet, but this is totally random.

When the first update was done last December, someone made a Google map where you could "stick a pin" on where and when the update occurred. No rhyme or reason at all.

dsturman

Reaction score
Bummer! No OTA update yet & I know others have said be patient until August 18th. I feel as an early adopter to the Android platform that I & other Moto Droid owners should have been the first to get this update. Early adoption should have its benefits. Come on Google & Verizon- take care of your loyal customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.