Demo of Two-Sided Transparent Display

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;Xbyoool5ZwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xbyoool5ZwY[/video]​

The first prototype of a device with a double-sided and transparent display was demo'd recently in Japan. The project is a joint effort between NTT DoCoMo and Fujitsu. While the prototype shown packs a 2.4-inch display with a resolution of 240x320 pixels the creators realize the resolution is to low to end up in retail devices and they acknowledge this in the video. The project continues to evolve, but the future looks very promising for some mind blowing apps and smartphones sporting this tech. Check out the video and share your thoughts.

Source: CNN

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
They should implement the technology in car windshields for heads up display or GPS devices, so you could look through the glass to better map your position in real life and real time.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Even though the display is extremely small, the fact that you can use the front and back makes it a little more manageable.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can envision all sorts of applications for this technology in the future. The mind boggles thinking about it. Share your ideas on different ways to use this tech besides just smartphones.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They should implement the technology in car windshields for heads up display or GPS devices, so you could look through the glass to better map your position in real life and real time.

People have a hard enough time concentrating with just a clear windshield now you gonna have somebody root it so they can try and play angry birds in the windshield or watch the game while driving :icon_evil:. I say this technology should be for home windows or mirrors (outside of vehicle mirrors).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
People have a hard enough time concentrating with just a clear windshield now you gonna have somebody root it so they can try and play angry birds in the windshield or watch the game while driving :icon_evil:. I say this technology should be for home windows or mirrors (outside of vehicle mirrors).

The sad part is that you know someone WOULD do that too...

Cop: So why did you rearend the school bus??? Driver: i didn't see it!!, drivers kid: mommy show him what we found on angry birds!! Lol :eek:

I see this tech finding its way into the boardroom, and especially in some military applications. :cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The sad part is that you know someone WOULD do that too...

So why did you rearend the school bus??? Driver: i didn't see it!!, drivers kid: mommy show him what we found on angry birds!! Lol

Exactly except you should probably replace the mommy with daddy. Cuz you know some dude gonna pull up next to an officer wasted and saying "hey dude look at here I can watch the game inside my car while driving and drinking a cold one, Cool HUH!!".:wacko:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Tony Stark is gonna be hot when he sees they stole this from him so blatantly. Considering he's played with it in all his recent films and his business savy I'm certain he's already patented it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Exactly except you should probably replace the mommy with daddy. Cuz you know some dude gonna pull up next to an officer wasted and saying "hey dude look at here I can watch the game inside my car while driving and drinking a cold one, Cool HUH!!".:wacko:

This is true lmao :what:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I could see it used in a large display situations which require two people to interact, one on each side.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.