Deleting old messages off e mail

terpam

Reaction score
Hello to one and all,

I hope someone can help me. I discovered that my 'deleted' email messages were still in the Trash folder on my phone. I am up to 5,100 old messages (egads!) and need to know if there is some way to delete all w/out highlighting each and every message. This is extremely time consumming and I probably only have 25 or 30 good years left on this earth.:) Any ideas?

billyidle

Reaction score
First, why bother deleting them? They only last for 30 days in there anyway. No harm can come from not deleting them. They take up no space on your phone.

But if you insist on deleting them manually, either use the Full non mobile Gmail in your phone browser, or delete them from a computer.

OP
T

terpam

Reaction score
Actually, most go back longer than 30 days? and I use Earthlink. And they have been deleted off of the Earthlink server, but are still on my phone. Any more help? And they are slowing my phone down considerably...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go into gmail on line. Go to the trash. There is a box to delete all. Check that and delete. Your finished. :)

rgb2448

Reaction score
You can go to settings/applications/all/ and click on email and delete data. You may have to set up your email again but it would be quicker than manually deleting them by checking them.

OP
T

terpam

Reaction score
rgb...you are the man! Did just what you said...it picked my account right back up w/ a very minimum amount of typing. Pat yourself on the back and have a coffee on me. Just mention me at McD's...they'll set you up! :)