Delete MAIL in POP trash folder

DogPaw

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to select all messages and delete in the trash folder section of a POP mail box? I get hundreds of emails and deleting them from the trash folder one by one stinks. There has got to be some type of select all command in the "Smart Phone".

gatewayad

Reaction score
No there is no way to batch, group or delete by day. What I have been doing is not moving them from my inbox since they are going to push to my computer anyway even if I delete them. And I am using my delete folder for only ones I want to save a copy of on my phone. Hope that makes sense
Just leave them in your inbox untill someone fixes it. I have not used it but there is another program I think called K9 that may be a better email option

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do yoursel(ves) a favor and download K-9 for your email client. Put the stock "email" app away in your app drawer and forget about it.

K-9 enables you to select groups of emails and delete (put them in the trash) or "expunge" (wipe them off your phone) them. I use both the gmail and K-9 email clients. Gmail views my google mail and keeps it in threads. K-9 splits the emails up and I use it to hold only about a day's worth of email at a time.

gatewayad

Reaction score
Do yoursel(ves) a favor and download K-9 for your email client. Put the stock "email" app away in your app drawer and forget about it.

K-9 enables you to select groups of emails and delete (put them in the trash) or "expunge" (wipe them off your phone) them. I use both the gmail and K-9 email clients. Gmail views my google mail and keeps it in threads. K-9 splits the emails up and I use it to hold only about a day's worth of email at a time.

thanks I had heard it worked pretty well but have yet to try it

drhdres

Reaction score
Since I'm a real novice, i just can't figure out how to sort them into batches and then delete them. I'd rather have them sorted by topic, or sender, or date but to this point I either have to delete all of them or nothing. I got so frustrated that i decided just to delete them all because my droid says i'm low on memory. I've tried but no matter what I do, i can't get them out of my trash folder. Is there any place I can find a users manual or instructions for K9?

soulddenimplus

Reaction score
I just log into my yahoo account on a computer about once a week to delete them. Then I refresh my account folders on my phone.