deleted stock system/ROM.

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by nhepler90, Jun 18, 2013.

1. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

Was using ss 3.11 to install a new ROM. Forgot to activate a different ROM slot before doing a system wipe. Is there a completely factory stock ROM anyone can point me in the direction of? I have done this before and I do not want to sbf my phone back to stock and start over with a completely blank slate again. I also did a backup of the stock ROM but for some reason when I renamed it, it fudged it up and doesn't work.

As always, thanks in advance.
  2. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
  3. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

Edited to remove double post.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  4. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Right forum or wrong, this member needs our help. Let's get the ROM the member needs to take the phone back to stock without wiping. I'm thinking that three Droid RAZR utility would serve the purpose fine. Anyone else have a better suggestion?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

I already have the droid utility to do a complete factory reset that makes it like it just came out of the box,

Is there a ROM that is the official jelly bean 4.1.2 out there that I can just flash over the stock ROM slot? I am currently running spyder nightly build from 6/15/2013 that is the 4.2.2. If there isn't a completely stock ROM I may just end up keeping it this way so I don't have to sbf back.

And I appreciate the reply. A lot of these posts seem to go nowhere fast...
  6. FoxKat

Actually there is the option to wipe while flashing, but you don't have to wipe with the utility. I could look but I'm away from the PC. There are two selections in the menu and one allows the flashing but doesn't destroy data. The other option is to simply side-load the ROM right from the Fastboot menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  7. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

I am currently away from my PC as well. I will boot up the utility when I get off work and post results if successful or not.
  8. FoxKat

Correction...Option 1 flashes, but wipes data as well...Option 2 flashes but doesn't wipe, instead it leaves everything as it was and simply flashes the kernel and OS over the existing. This is the instruction page; Utility Belt

App download links;

Mirrors:
    Dev-Host
    NetLoad
    Batakang

Now, one thing...if you flashed a custom ROM over the stock ROM, there is the possibility that the apps will need to be reinstalled anyway.

P.S. Merged two threads into this one.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  9. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

I didn't flash over stock, I completely erased the stock slot. I am on ROM slot 2 with a spyder nightly build. If I activate stock and reboot the screen stays black. No Motorola m logo or anything and have to hold power until it shuts off.
  10. FoxKat

OK, so Guidot is perhaps the resident expert here with Safestrap and perhaps it's a good idea to give him a shout. I've sent him a PM. Give it a bit and he'll likely come here to address you.
  11. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

well i am at my laptop now and was going to try and see if I can just activate the stock ROM slot then boot into ap fastboot and use the utility and just flash the kernel and os. I can just re-download my apps, I just didn't want to have to sbf my phone and have to go through the hastle of rooting and putting safestrap and such on my phone again. it seems like whenever I find the perfect setup for my phone, I find a way to mess up my phone and have to sbf back to complete stock. lol
  12. nhepler90

nhepler90 New Member

So I did as I said I would try; booted into safestrap, switched back to stock ROM slot, booted into AP fastboot, used the DROID utility with option 2 (flash jellybean without data wipe) which gave me back the stock ROM, re-rooted and installed safestrap 3.11 (via utility), rebooted into recovery and my ROM in ROM slot 2 was still set up so I didn't have to re-flash any of that. once again, thanks for the help and links!
  13. lasha666

lasha666 New Member

Same Story Please Help

Even i have done the same with my phone Droid razr xt910 asia retail.. please help me with the steps as i dont have much knowledge about android

Thanks
  14. lasha666

lasha666 New Member

Currently Iam using Cm 10.2 on rom slot 1. Kindly help.
  15. Krenzy

Krenzy New Member

Ok so I NEED help. I attempted to flash CM11 for the Razr XT 912. I followed many different instructions, downloaded and installed asafe strap(I was previously rooted) I successfully ran SS and installed CM11 into Rom slot 1, flashed, and everything ran fine. I forgot to do a wipe before I.rebooted so I.rebooted back to SS andwiped the Dalvik ans cache from Stock Rom, but idiotically I deleted the System part. Boot up and I'm stuck in a bootloop. I can get into recovery but I need a system file. Please please help!!
  16. Krenzy

Krenzy New Member

I apologize for the crappy typing, I was using my Droid X, and it's not so easy to use anymore. To be more clear, my Razr Maxx XT912 CDMA was previously rooted by myself using Matt's Utilities 1.8 (I believe). I decided to try my hand at flashing CM11, and did a fair amount of research; admittedly each link had their own recommendations for backups and strap programs. I installed Safe Strap, made a backup, and downloaded the CM11 file, then followed directions and created a Rom Slot 1 with both CM11 and Gapps installed. I flashed it, cleared cache and dalvik, and rebooted to CM11.

It worked perfectly, but I had a bad feeling about the stock ROM, since I was down to 0.71 KB of space (AFTER I transferred stuff over), so I decided to go back to SafeStrap and do a factory reset on the stock Rom, which i felt would then free up more memory and help ensure a smooth CM11...not sure if I was right in thinking that, but I went with it since I saw videos where others also did a factory wipe. My idiot self looked at everything and saw cache, dalvik, etc, but also System. I wiped this file. I assume I erased the firmware file, or perhaps every single thing. I can get into the black and white menu, as well as the triage/recovery menus, but my computer (which i just managed to get to turn on, but won't connect to the internet) will not recognize the Razr when connected; it recognizes the Droid X though.

I have been searching most of the day for replacement files, and I believe I found the correct files at Motorola Firmwares I downloaded the most recent one to the SD card of the X, then swapped cards into the Razr, and tried to apply it via Recovery under the "Apply from external" option: No dice. Installation aborted. I tried connecting my Razr to the computer and running Matt's files, and for a bit I thought it worked as it said it was now on a certain file (I forget which), but as I said, theres no option for the phone under the My Computer menu. The phone in AP Boot mode recognizes it is connected via USB. Numerous reboots, the screen stayed on most of the night, switching between the red M and the triage droid. I really need my phone back, as it is both my computer and my only phone. I'm pissed because I HAD it right and everything worked just fine, then I got overzealous.

Can someone tell me if I simply need to apply a certain file, and please direct me to the necessary one, or what type of help I should seek out? Thank you all. Merry Christmas!
Search tags for this page

can i delete stock rom after using safestrap to install custom rom

deleted stock rom

deleted system razr need stock

droid maxx erased only rom

droid razr delete stock rom

droid razr stock firmware

how to remove safestrap and factory reset s4
how toinstall rom after deletng stockrom

maxx safestrap. xt1080 roms

rom stock droid 3

spyder 4.1.2 stock ss backup