deleted stock system/ROM.

nhepler90

Reaction score
Was using ss 3.11 to install a new ROM. Forgot to activate a different ROM slot before doing a system wipe. Is there a completely factory stock ROM anyone can point me in the direction of? I have done this before and I do not want to sbf my phone back to stock and start over with a completely blank slate again. I also did a backup of the stock ROM but for some reason when I renamed it, it fudged it up and doesn't work.

As always, thanks in advance.

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
Edited to remove double post.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Right forum or wrong, this member needs our help. Let's get the ROM the member needs to take the phone back to stock without wiping. I'm thinking that three Droid RAZR utility would serve the purpose fine. Anyone else have a better suggestion?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
I already have the droid utility to do a complete factory reset that makes it like it just came out of the box,

Is there a ROM that is the official jelly bean 4.1.2 out there that I can just flash over the stock ROM slot? I am currently running spyder nightly build from 6/15/2013 that is the 4.2.2. If there isn't a completely stock ROM I may just end up keeping it this way so I don't have to sbf back.

And I appreciate the reply. A lot of these posts seem to go nowhere fast...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Actually there is the option to wipe while flashing, but you don't have to wipe with the utility. I could look but I'm away from the PC. There are two selections in the menu and one allows the flashing but doesn't destroy data. The other option is to simply side-load the ROM right from the Fastboot menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
I am currently away from my PC as well. I will boot up the utility when I get off work and post results if successful or not.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Correction...Option 1 flashes, but wipes data as well...Option 2 flashes but doesn't wipe, instead it leaves everything as it was and simply flashes the kernel and OS over the existing. This is the instruction page; Utility Belt

App download links;

Mirrors:
Dev-Host
NetLoad
Batakang

Now, one thing...if you flashed a custom ROM over the stock ROM, there is the possibility that the apps will need to be reinstalled anyway.

P.S. Merged two threads into this one.

Last edited:
OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
I didn't flash over stock, I completely erased the stock slot. I am on ROM slot 2 with a spyder nightly build. If I activate stock and reboot the screen stays black. No Motorola m logo or anything and have to hold power until it shuts off.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, so Guidot is perhaps the resident expert here with Safestrap and perhaps it's a good idea to give him a shout. I've sent him a PM. Give it a bit and he'll likely come here to address you.

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
well i am at my laptop now and was going to try and see if I can just activate the stock ROM slot then boot into ap fastboot and use the utility and just flash the kernel and os. I can just re-download my apps, I just didn't want to have to sbf my phone and have to go through the hastle of rooting and putting safestrap and such on my phone again. it seems like whenever I find the perfect setup for my phone, I find a way to mess up my phone and have to sbf back to complete stock. lol

OP
nhepler90

nhepler90

Reaction score
So I did as I said I would try; booted into safestrap, switched back to stock ROM slot, booted into AP fastboot, used the DROID utility with option 2 (flash jellybean without data wipe) which gave me back the stock ROM, re-rooted and installed safestrap 3.11 (via utility), rebooted into recovery and my ROM in ROM slot 2 was still set up so I didn't have to re-flash any of that. once again, thanks for the help and links!

lasha666

Reaction score
Same Story Please Help

Was using ss 3.11 to install a new ROM. Forgot to activate a different ROM slot before doing a system wipe. Is there a completely factory stock ROM anyone can point me in the direction of? I have done this before and I do not want to sbf my phone back to stock and start over with a completely blank slate again. I also did a backup of the stock ROM but for some reason when I renamed it, it fudged it up and doesn't work.

As always, thanks in advance.

Even i have done the same with my phone Droid razr xt910 asia retail.. please help me with the steps as i dont have much knowledge about android

Thanks

Krenzy

Reaction score
Ok so I NEED help. I attempted to flash CM11 for the Razr XT 912. I followed many different instructions, downloaded and installed asafe strap(I was previously rooted) I successfully ran SS and installed CM11 into Rom slot 1, flashed, and everything ran fine. I forgot to do a wipe before I.rebooted so I.rebooted back to SS andwiped the Dalvik ans cache from Stock Rom, but idiotically I deleted the System part. Boot up and I'm stuck in a bootloop. I can get into recovery but I need a system file. Please please help!!