Rom, safestrap changing roms?

darkpikasso

Reaction score
Hey everybody

Thank you for let me in your forum

Now, i have a motorola xt912 android 4.1.2 rooted and safestrap install 3.11, my doubta are

Flashing a rom On Rom-slot 1 with gapps will start all over with my apps i should make a backjp of them and install them later, now having install the rom and boot up a settle can i go back to my stock rom like dual boot? Or i have to flash again a stock android 4.1.2. Jb to rom stock slot

Its posible to have two roms and select on boot wathever i want to enter? If so how can i do it? I read about it but is not very clear to.me

And the final question, wich rom is the best stable and excelent features? It has to work everything

Thanks in advance and sorry if I post it wrong feel free to modify it

YellowJacket

Reaction score
When using safestrap, you should first use the app to make a backup of your stock ROM. ... just to be safe.

Next, install your custom ROM into which ever ROM slot the ROM requires. These are the "safe slots" and will not effect your stock ROM.

Once you have installed your custom ROM, you will have to re-install all your Google apps to that ROM.

You can switch back and forth between the custom ROM and your stock ROM by using the safestrap app. at bootup.

You can run multiple ROMS with safestrap, just bear in mind that each slot that you create will use a chunk of your internal storage.

David

OP
D

darkpikasso

Reaction score
Thank you for answering yellow jacket.

I install in rom slot 1 cyanogenmod 10.1.1, and the gappa and eveeything was fine but i was watching all the apps i installed on stock was not wipe and data still in the sdcard of the phone can i just install the apk and use it also in the other rom?

Im talking about mostly the games, for instance Bladeslinger ( BTW theres alot of lag on the game and i dont know to correct this) i can see the data install on android/obb, i just install the game and can i use it in the cyanogenmod rom?

Thanks for the response

YellowJacket

Reaction score
gapps is installed via safetrap when you install CM. you have to pick both zip files during the initial install.

Installing gapps into the CM10 ROM should not effect the custom ROM. I'm not sure how it will effect some paid apps but in my case, it has not.

David