deleted stock system/ROM.

Krenzy

Reaction score
I apologize for the crappy typing, I was using my Droid X, and it's not so easy to use anymore. To be more clear, my Razr Maxx XT912 CDMA was previously rooted by myself using Matt's Utilities 1.8 (I believe). I decided to try my hand at flashing CM11, and did a fair amount of research; admittedly each link had their own recommendations for backups and strap programs. I installed Safe Strap, made a backup, and downloaded the CM11 file, then followed directions and created a Rom Slot 1 with both CM11 and Gapps installed. I flashed it, cleared cache and dalvik, and rebooted to CM11.

It worked perfectly, but I had a bad feeling about the stock ROM, since I was down to 0.71 KB of space (AFTER I transferred stuff over), so I decided to go back to SafeStrap and do a factory reset on the stock Rom, which i felt would then free up more memory and help ensure a smooth CM11...not sure if I was right in thinking that, but I went with it since I saw videos where others also did a factory wipe. My idiot self looked at everything and saw cache, dalvik, etc, but also System. I wiped this file. I assume I erased the firmware file, or perhaps every single thing. I can get into the black and white menu, as well as the triage/recovery menus, but my computer (which i just managed to get to turn on, but won't connect to the internet) will not recognize the Razr when connected; it recognizes the Droid X though.

I have been searching most of the day for replacement files, and I believe I found the correct files at Motorola Firmwares I downloaded the most recent one to the SD card of the X, then swapped cards into the Razr, and tried to apply it via Recovery under the "Apply from external" option: No dice. Installation aborted. I tried connecting my Razr to the computer and running Matt's files, and for a bit I thought it worked as it said it was now on a certain file (I forget which), but as I said, theres no option for the phone under the My Computer menu. The phone in AP Boot mode recognizes it is connected via USB. Numerous reboots, the screen stayed on most of the night, switching between the red M and the triage droid. I really need my phone back, as it is both my computer and my only phone. I'm pissed because I HAD it right and everything worked just fine, then I got overzealous.

Can someone tell me if I simply need to apply a certain file, and please direct me to the necessary one, or what type of help I should seek out? Thank you all. Merry Christmas!