Default Audio Player Skipping

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by riggsy, Dec 17, 2010.

1. riggsy

riggsy New Member

The default audio player that came with my Droid 2 Global plays fine except for there is constantly skipping and popping during playback. Does anyone know how to fix that or have some recommendations for a better app?

Nick
  2. moldorm

moldorm New Member

No skipping but a few pops everyonce in awhile. Wish they would fix it.
  3. Vortec MAX

Vortec MAX New Member

I am annoyed with this as well. I have a Global too and when I am playing back MP3 files using the built in player, it has a subtle pop or click every 10 seconds or so, similar to the sound made when a CD skips.

Has anyone found joy in solving this issue?

Mike
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Have you guys tried any of the alternative audio players. I listen constantly and have had great success with MixZing and PowerAmp. These may not solve your problems, but they are a good place to start.

Good luck.
  5. joggy

joggy New Member

OP - I posted a similar thread over in the D2G forum. Many there are also reporting this same problem OP posted about (skips & pops).

The thread can be found here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/118918-d2g-mp3-music-skipping.html

I also emailed Motorola with the same details and posted over in the motorola support forums as well.

I think anyone experiencing this should also drop an entry in this thread -https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/44033 - over there. The more folks who do will help improve the chances of bringing this to Moto's attention.

BayouFlyFisher - I've tried other players as well; MixZing, Mortplayer, Cubed, Doubletwist, and they all exhibit the same problem.
  6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Have you tried a factory hard reset?
  7. joggy

joggy New Member

I have not tried a hard reset, no. Having only had the phone for a week the thought never entered my mind. I have thought of rooting & freezing the bloat though. Wondering if some service running VZW crap might be interfering.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
  8. DerrenBrown

DerrenBrown New Member

Using Softsqueeze to debug sync is pointless as Softsqueeze is known not to sync reliably. Only the hardware players can sync reliably.

To see what is happening I suggest enabling the logging (player.sync) as it will provide hard evidence on why LMS is trying to resync. For sync to work properly you need a good hardware clock on your PC - in the pastr some users have found that this is a cause of problems.

Thanks a lot,
    Derren
Search tags for this page

audio files skipping on android

mp3 player skipping during playback

popping and skipping during playback on nero wav editor