Decline update always?

Bobby J

Reaction score
How can I decline the update permanently? It keeps popping up and I don't want it.

OP
B

Bobby J

Reaction score
It's wrapped but I'm still getting notifications. You ask why I don't want it? Because it sucks, crashed my previous Eris, and it's my phone. I choose what I want not them.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I choose what I want not them.

It's their Network...they can dictate what operates on it.

If the update does anything to enhance network usage, They can require it.

Mattb

Reaction score
Yup, Verizon can push whatever they want to your phone. Read the fine print in your contract.

OP
B

Bobby J

Reaction score
They can push

But I can push back. No update for me yet. I keep refusing it and my phone is working perfectly. If there is no way to permanently refuse it then I'll just keep doing what I'm doing until they fix it.

bardbu

Reaction score
NA

Keep rejecting. I just updated this a.m. and now i can't unlock the phone with down-swipe! Time to call Verizon.
Anyone else experiencing this?

UPDATE:
It seems this is normal. Now you must tap the grey horizontal bar and drag down. Not sure why HTC was compelled to make this change as it is more awkward.

Last edited:

brkn34

Reaction score
Keep rejecting. I just updated this a.m. and now i can't unlock the phone with down-swipe! Time to call Verizon.
Anyone else experiencing this?

UPDATE:
It seems this is normal. Now you must tap the grey horizontal bar and drag down. Not sure why HTC was compelled to make this change as it is more awkward.

Not true. I updated this morning and do not experience this.

xfeathersx

Reaction score
take the battery out for a few seconds, install it-turn the phone on and you'll be able to swipe the screen again...I've upgraded and only problem lve hard was from a forum member saying to press your end call button to wake the phone, did that and the phone froze, won't do that again...lol...

Jolest

Reaction score
take the battery out for a few seconds, install it-turn the phone on and you'll be able to swipe the screen again...I've upgraded and only problem lve hard was from a forum member saying to press your end call button to wake the phone, did that and the phone froze, won't do that again...lol...
Nope... Just tried what you described (twice). I still have to swipe down on (or below) the gray arch. The upper half of the screen doesn't work for unlocking.

Not a big deal. We all just learned how to unlock the phone when they had a more liberal unlock mechanism. Just swipe on the gray arch or below and it still works ok.

:cool:

GrdLock

Reaction score
I wish I hadn't accepted the update. My phone was working just fine before the update. Now, however, it's locked up twice today to where I had to pull the battery to reset it.

I think they need to release an update for their update ASAP even before the 2.x update is released in my opinion.

skilletrx

Reaction score
What apps are you guys running that may be potentially locking your phone? I have the update, and I have no problems.

Only think I have noticed is my Google Voice app crashes after I send an SMS... and that it was significantly more difficult to unlock my phone (I thought it was me, but it seems like it requires more accuracy now).

GrdLock

Reaction score
I have a decent amount of apps on my phone... but the locking is completely random.

Plenty of people with NO apps on their phone are experiencing the locking as well.