1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Declining app updates from the Android Market?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by LoneWolf15, Dec 20, 2011.

1. LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15 New Member

Dumb question --yes, I know there are no dumb questions, only dumb users. ;)

I have a few apps prompting me for updates from the Market. The thing is, for one reason or another (e.g., the new version has ad sponsors, or is more intrusive than the old one) I don't wish to install them. Is there a way to decline updates so that it won't prompt you again?
  2. Tonik

Tonik Member

You would need to root and then use Titanium Backup to unhook them from the market. I hear ya...it is annoying.....but is it really a big deal just to let them update to shut them up?

Edit: missed the part about not wanting the new one because of ads, or it is broke.......That is certainly a valid reason.
  3. moset

moset Member

There is an app called appmonster that will save the older version and slow you to revert if you don't like the update. Pretty kewl.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

android decline app update

android how to decline app update

app update declined android

decline android app update

decline android market updates

decline android update

decline app update android

how do i decline samsung galaxy updates
how to decline an app update andriod
how to decline an app update android