Death of Game Emulators

darkmatter

Reaction score
I was unaware of this wii virtual console. Does anyone know if games purchased from wii vc will be playable on 3DS? If so, this changes my future spending plans.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
At least I have them all before they are gone forever. I don't play many games, but I want the option to if I so choose. If these violate Google's policies, then I totally understand them being removed. Maybe it's only a temporary removal until they do meet the requirements and then they'll be back. Google has their rules and regulations for a reason. Just imagine if this was Apple. These would never have even made it to the public.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
At least I have them all before they are gone forever. I don't play many games, but I want the option to if I so choose. If these violate Google's policies, then I totally understand them being removed. Maybe it's only a temporary removal until they do meet the requirements and then they'll be back. Google has their rules and regulations for a reason. Just imagine if this was Apple. These would never have even made it to the public.

Lol so apple has rules and regulations for no reason, huh?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Loooney2ns

Reaction score

Sorry, I guess I wasn't being clear. I meant that Apple's rules are so much more strict that these emulators probably wouldn't have ever been released. Google does have rules, but they aren't as strict.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I guess I wasn't being clear. I meant that Apple's rules are so much more strict that these emulators probably wouldn't have ever been released. Google does have rules, but they aren't as strict.

I guess apple has those strict rules in place so they don't have to deal with situations like this. Being less strict isn't necessarily a plus.

Goatastic

Reaction score
These are classic games that mostly are no longer available or hard to find/get.

Unless those companies are going to come out with their own quality emulator, and until they do, then what's the harm?

For crying out loud, just buy the guy out and you're 90% of the way there, or cut a deal with him.

This

If the 3DS had a built in emulator for all previous nintendo systems, I would have bought it by now. I would be willing to pay a dollar or two for games. more than that, and its not worth paying for a game I've likely played before and just want to play for the sake of nostalgia.

Or Sony's NGP, if it comes with ps1, ps2 and psp emulators, I won't even think twice about getting it. However, if they charge 15ish per game like it seems they want to do with the games for xperia play, it'll be DOA. I don't see anyone paying more than a couple dollars for 10 year old games they've already played.

I was peeved when I found out my newly purchased PS3 wouldn't play my ps2 games. Is it really that hard for them to develop an emulator for ps3 so it can play my extensive collection of ps2 games?

I'm one of those people that don't mind paying to get something legitimately, but when nintendo/sony/etc don't even offer these things, I'm left looking to the community to provide such things. So, with emulators pulled, we'd better see official releases.

Check ebay for some old games if you think $15 is steep for an old game. People are selling ps2 games for around $10 to $50...sometimess more(saw parasite eve up for $100). I would love to be able to get these old games for $15 and have them backed up on the psn.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UNC

Reaction score
I was unaware of this wii virtual console. Does anyone know if games purchased from wii vc will be playable on 3DS? If so, this changes my future spending plans.

I am pretty sure the 3ds has the virtual console, atleast for NES Genesis SNES GB and maybe GBA games. On the Wii the prices are as follows: NES games are $4, SNES /Genesis are $6 or $7, and N64 are $10.

I don't have 3ds, but I am pretty sure the Mii system is used meaning you should be able to access the games you buy on either system with either system.

UNC

Reaction score

I am pretty sure the 3ds has the virtual console, atleast for NES Genesis SNES GB and maybe GBA games. On the Wii the prices are as follows: NES games are $4, SNES /Genesis are $6 or $7, and N64 are $10.

I don't have 3ds, but I am pretty sure the Mii system is used meaning you should be able to access the games you buy on either system with either system.

I guess all they have available on the 3ds thusfar is GB GBC GG and TG16.... So no, there is no mobile NES option that is officially supported.... Check out the Wii2 though, it is supposed to have a cool control scheme that could easily be mobile devices themselves, and easily able to run the Wiis extensive VC library.

Esch88

Reaction score
check out slideme.org and search for yongzh's applications, all of the emulators are there